Fish Toss

k9flash

Ok so I'm finally going to toss some fish into the tank. Think I've given it long enough. My wife likes the Kole Tang and I was thinking of maybe a wrasse of some sort. Kind of like the idea of every fish having a job. Any suggestions on what a good wrasse to put in the tank would be? You know, good looks and smarts. Thanks guys.

Kole tangs are great for algae, as are LMB. I have a yellow coris wrasse that I really like. Not sure how much of a "job" he does, but hes peacful and nice to look at. My Xmas wrasse was a terror and a jumper.

Diamond gobies are good sand cleaners, but jumpers. Been lucky with mine for a couple of years now(knocking on wood). they dont make a mess they way dragon gobies and sleepers do.

Melanarus are great for eating pests but can be aggressive. I can't add any more wrasses because it goes after them but does an awesome job going after pests. Love my mystery wrasse too but I heard they can be aggressive as well. Neither one has tried to eat my shrimp but they were added after the shrimp.

Nonfunctional but love looking at him is the Midas Blenny.

Wrasses are always nice to get. I have one tank that has primarily wrasses.

I would suggest researching the fish you want on how aggressive they are. Try to add the more aggressive fish last. Then you have given the less aggressive fish a chance to astablish their homes before the bullies move in. It doesn't always work but it helps in alot of cases.

Archived