Woke up and found this in my tank!!!!!

Chindo

I agree on the sebae nem, you can see the purple in its tips-

Search on how to care for a nem-basiclly all the same-

Google sand nem-I dont see a single picture that resembles that-

gotta love the skill/knowledge and some stores-LMAO

Speaking of; would you like to tell us what store this was, so we can school them? :)

It sure looks close to that power head.

This is something you really really want to avoid Chindo, get it as far away from the powerhead as you can, and then, try and figure out a way to mask the powerhead so the nem can't get into it. If that happens, it can really have some major consequences on your tank.

This is something you really really want to avoid Chindo' date=' get it as far away from the powerhead as you can, and then, try and figure out a way to mask the powerhead so the nem can't get into it. If that happens, it can really have some major consequences on your tank.[/quote']

+1

Have had two BTA end up in power heads. lucky both made it

Ya im moving the powerhead further back. The store wad the petstore at the vancover mall. I wasnt planning on getting anything but with my little ones saying. Nemos home dad I kinda got suckered in. My tank is still new so guess im gonna look for a MH setup you guys think a 125 mh is enought for the 30 gal?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ya im moving the powerhead further back. The store wad the petstore at the vancover mall. I wasnt planning on getting anything but with my little ones saying. Nemos home dad I kinda got suckered in. My tank is still new so guess im gonna look for a MH setup you guys think a 125 mh is enought for the 30 gal?

Should be plenty, if you search you can find what clowns are more typical to host a sebae-I have had clowns take months before they host. Good luck with the nem they can be difficult in newer tanks-plenty of threads out there that say dont add one until the tank is "x" months old-

(laugh)6 months.... i know you guys are gonna want to kill me but Ive had it just over a month DOH!

Im really thinking of getting rid of it but the girls really like it, not for long if it doesn't last so i have some choices to make in the next few days i guess.

He said, I just thought it-LOL

FWIW-like many, I tried to prove everyone wrong and I added one in my 2nd month because I am anal about water params and keeping things stable -short story...... it died, there is more to water than what we test

my bad read 125mh as 150-LOL is that the same store, they said 125MH-just kiddin

It doesn't have to be permanent, talk to some of the people on here, I'm sure someone wouldn't mind holding it for you while your tank stabilizes and you get the lighting situation worked out. Never go back to that store though, PETCO's should be called DeathCO's to be honest LOL With where you're located, I suggest you hit up Tim at Westside, he's a great guy and very knowlegable, and will take very good care of you.

they said it was a sand anomone. What is it?

[ATTACH]11164[/ATTACH]

Heteractis malu. These can have variable tentacle length and coloration. Yours has proper coloration and looks nice and healthy. Sometimes these are dyed yellow, pink or blue which will usually kill the anemone.

Well went out today and got a little bit better lighting. Got some t5 10000 bulb and actinic bulb. Seems to move alot more now. In process of getting a 150 MH setup this weekend. I have a question the bulbs on the anemone sometimes get very thin and dark. Is this normal?

Here's a few pictures with new light setup

[ATTACH]11174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11175[/ATTACH]

You guys think I have a fighting chance in keeping it alive?

How often should I feed the beast?

Is there any additives I can put in the water to help it stay healthy. Thanks

post-8113-141867759212_thumb.jpg

post-8113-14186775922_thumb.jpg

Honestly dude, I don't know what the chances are, but I wouldn't put them very high, maybe 25%, if that. An the bad thing is, if a nem dies in your tank, it can nuke the entire tank, killing everything else....No additives will help to be honest, it just needs a healthy, stable tank, and generally, that's only going to happen with a tank that's been set-up for at least 6 months. Seriously man, talk to Tim at Westside, his screenname on here is bill, he's one of the sponsors, and see if he'll hold the nem for you til your tank is more stable.

Well went out today and got a little bit better lighting. Got some t5 10000 bulb and actinic bulb. Seems to move alot more now. In process of getting a 150 MH setup this weekend. I have a question the bulbs on the anemone sometimes get very thin and dark. Is this normal?

Here's a few pictures with new light setup

[ATTACH]11174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11175[/ATTACH]

You guys think I have a fighting chance in keeping it alive?

How often should I feed the beast?

Is there any additives I can put in the water to help it stay healthy. Thanks

Anemones are cool. Have had them since my very first tank. I like having the extra movement in my tank and without them i dont think i would enjoy it nearly as much. Always really cool to watch the clowns play around in my RBTA.

I personally don't feed mine and its growing HUGE in my tank. I had it under a 4 bulb T5 HO 39W for around a year and MH for the past couple of months. It hasn't moved its rock since it planted itself there probably a year ago now (even after a tank swap and house move!). The only thing i hate about it is it decided to plant itself on top of a 10-15lb rock that was covered on nice bright green zoas AND i can not have anything near it since it can sting other corals.

Little update

I know its only been a week tomorrow since I've had the anemone but I think its going to do good from what I've read.

In its first week it has set its foot down in the first few days which I've heard its a good sign and my clown fish have what it looks like hosting it, well only the bigger one so far.

I checked my ammonia level last night and it was under .02 for sure I have the color matching instant ocean kit.

Im still going to take a water sample in and get it tested to make sure im doing right....noobie..lol

Archived