Hanging with the FFO club a day in the life of a Reef addict!

Today was a blast!(clap)(clap) Lowman and I were planning on gong to Pioneer school to put in the new skimmer but I had to stop by Shaun's house first and pick up my new beautiful clam!(drooler)(drooler) That's right Bigjohnwoody I got the clam!(rock2)(rock2) Oh yeah and clam police guess what?!!!It's in a tank that has been up only 2 1/2 months!(laugh)

It's a gorgeous Maxima! In Shaun's avatar. It's not fully opened because the hermits are having a field day with the algae on the shell! Looks like a sushi bar!(laugh)

DSC08411ARW.jpg

CopyofDSC08414ARW.jpg

Nice talking to you Shaun! Nice freshwater tank and corals! Well being the fellow addict that he was we offered Shaun to go along to the school with us and off we go to Pioneer school!

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?26386-New-additions-to-the-Pioneer-school!-Bigger-Better-skimmer-edition!&p=258638#post258638

We made a quick trip to Nick at Rosecity! Loving the new haircut Nick!(clap)(clap) Thanks for donating more saltwater and freshwater!(clap)

Meanwhile Shaun's gf is calling him because he forgot they were meeting up and Bob's wife is also wondering where he is at.... Ahhhhh one of the benefits of having a fellow addict as a partner! People just don't understand that Nothing Good in Reefing happens fast!DOH!(laugh)

Then it was off to Isaac's The Coral Mafia to pick up my "schmocassos" from Rosecity's group buy! Thanks for holding them Isaac!(clap)(clap)

DSC08426ARW.jpg

DSC08440ARW.jpg

CopyofDSC08418ARW.jpg

I also picked up Beth's Bluespot jawfish we are putting in the nano and yes it has a cover! Thanks for holding this Isaac!(clap)I'm calling him Mumford because his face reminds me of a muppet (sesame street? amazing mumford? no? well google it then....). Beth hates the name but I don't care!(laugh)

DSC08492ARW.jpg

DSC08498ARW.jpg

And I picked up my Bali tricolor acro from the group buy!(clap) Reefnjunkie was of course the first one there! Always has to get first pick! Sorry not the best picture. I will get another one when I decide where the hell I'm going to glue it!(laugh)

DSC08408ARW.jpg

Had a great time having Lowman drive us around on a nice sunny day! Lunch was awesome too! What was the name of that restaurant again Shaun? Great hanging out with the two of you and seeing Nick and Isaac too! So many fishstores so little time! Hope the wife and gf understood!

Kim your clams a beauty-a little furry on the outside but it looks like that will soon be under control

That is a show piece-VERY NICE

rofl yeah I know Brad and it's got crabs too! (laugh) Beth just checked on it and it's looking better already though! Has a nice manicure now!(clap)

Don't you EVER work??? I wish I worked for a company that would let me NEVER work! Oh wait....we work for the SAME company! How come I am doing ALL your work for you?!

Oh wait... It was April Fools Day, you guys get all of the holidays off right? ;)

Don't you EVER work??? I wish I worked for a company that would let me NEVER work! Oh wait....we work for the SAME company! How come I am doing ALL your work for you?!

rofl Better watch it Mike! You would be amazed at what you can accomplish between postings!

Today was a blast!(clap)(clap) Lowman and I were planning on gong to Pioneer school to put in the new skimmer but I had to stop by Shaun's house first and pick up my new beautiful clam!(drooler)(drooler) That's right Bigjohnwoody I got the clam!(rock2)(rock2) Oh yeah and clam police guess what?!!!It's in a tank that has been up only 2 1/2 months!(laugh)

It's a gorgeous Maxima! In Shaun's avatar. It's not fully opened because the hermits are having a field day with the algae on the shell! Looks like a sushi bar!(laugh)[/quote=Emerald525]

I had a blast myself Kim and Bob! Wow, what a day going here, then there, and back. Issac's place was pretty cool and he's go some stellar corals in that place. Nice to have met him finally too.

Kim: it has been a lot of fun getting to know you - I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much in one 4 hr period. Your tanks are gorgeous and you have some incredible corals and fish in them. That Clam looks awesome in there and your hermits will have that shell cleaned up in no time.

Bob: Great to see you old friend, and catch up about "the early days" of reef keeping and swap stories. Oh, and the light story that burned down Nick's house - oof! I still cannot believe you had a store... Say hello to your wife for me - once you are out of the dog house, and some great driving done today ;)

The lunch was had at Mekong Grill in Sellwood - glad you liked it too, it' one of my favorite places to have lunch!

Oh ya, I had some explaining to do with my GF. "I HAD to go to help out with the children's tank". I am still in hot water...

Let me know the next time you guys are have an outing - I could use more laughs like that, and always glad to help out. Great Times!

It's a gorgeous Maxima! In Shaun's avatar. It's not fully opened because the hermits are having a field day with the algae on the shell! Looks like a sushi bar!(laugh)[/quote=Emerald525]

I had a blast myself Kim and Bob! Wow, what a day going here, then there, and back. Issac's place was pretty cool and he's go some stellar corals in that place. Nice to have met him finally too.

Kim: it has been a lot of fun getting to know you - I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much in one 4 hr period. Your tanks are gorgeous and you have some incredible corals and fish in them. That Clam looks awesome in there and your hermits will have that shell cleaned up in no time.

Bob: Great to see you old friend, and catch up about "the early days" of reef keeping and swap stories. Oh, and the light story that burned down Nick's house - oof! I still cannot believe you had a store... Say hello to your wife for me - once you are out of the dog house, and some great driving done today ;)

The lunch was had at Mekong Grill in Sellwood - glad you liked it too, it' one of my favorite places to have lunch!

Oh ya, I had some explaining to do with my GF. "I HAD to go to help out with the children's tank". I am still in hot water...

Let me know the next time you guys are have an outing - I could use more laughs like that, and always glad to help out. Great Times!

(laugh) Sure Shaun you can hang out anytime. And if I have any problems with my new clam I know I can call you since you know it so well! I was a little worried when all of the hermits piled on but they have actually have it almost cleaned now. I agree it looks great in the sps tank. Lowman is truly a human GPS and he gets you places quickly!

I will definitely going back to Mekong grill! I need to get out more!

And as far as the gf. I seem to recall you said it would be 45 minutes(scratch) and I believe we dropped you off 2 hours later!(laugh)

Just keep telling her you had to do it for the children!(laugh)

Dang I wish I knew he was selling it off. I would have grabbed it before you...lol

Nice clam indeed!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

He didn't know he was selling it Noob. I had to convince him that he needed to sell it to me!(naughty)(laugh)

Hey do you have the blue spot jawfish in a barebottom or SSB tank? Looks like it.

Might want to throw in some PVC for a hiding place at the least.

No the jawfish is in a 29 gallon biocube with lots of rock and sand to hide. That was shortly after I placed him in the tank. I'm pretty sure Mumford will move once he settles in.

I wish I lived in P-town sometimes. I totally would have arm wrestled you for that clam Kim rofl! Very nice score! Oh and btw' date=' I got first pick on the Tyree Bali tri-color. It's all about who you know!(laugh)[/quote']

You would have lost that battle John! (laugh) and I figured you had first pic of the Bali tri-color since you were up here Thursday! You need to start posting some pictures of all the things you have bought but you may run out of film quickly (laugh)

You would have lost that battle John! (laugh) and I figured you had first pic of the Bali tri-color since you were up here Thursday! You need to start posting some pictures of all the things you have bought but you may run out of film quickly (laugh)

Well if I ever get any time to enjoy my tank, instead of being addicted to getting every amazing piece, I will take some pics DOH!. My pics will be horrible compared to yours but I will try. I have so much stuff now it's amazing. Including the infamous black magic mille.(naughty)

Well if I ever get any time to enjoy my tank, instead of being addicted to getting every amazing piece, I will take some pics DOH!. My pics will be horrible compared to yours but I will try. I have so much stuff now it's amazing. Including the infamous black magic mille.(naughty)

Yeah slow down and enjoy the tank. It's easy to forget that sometimes. LOL. And just be glad that Beth really really does not like the color black!

I can say that I personally have seen Kim's clam, and, in a word, MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wish all clams were like hers!!!!!! No really, that maxima is one of the nicest I have ever seen.

Shaun, always great talking to you man, I'm glad you are still around. You are one of the only original 3 LFS owners left around with any kind of integrity and I can say if you ever decide to open a store again, my wife and I would pretty much go there exclusively.

I can't believe the quality and performance of that skimmer right out of the box. I am going to get them for my systems ASAP.

You are one of the only original 3 LFS owners left around with any kind of integrity and I can say if you ever decide to open a store again' date=' my wife and I would pretty much go there exclusively.[/quote']

Thanks Bob for your kind comments.

I will tell you that I have ZERO interest in opening a reef store. A few people have suggested this too. I would like go to work for one, and help out - but, again ZERO interest in starting a reef store or ownership.

Kim-

Your Clam is HOT!

Ummmm errr...(scratch) why thank you Shaun...:p

Can I at least get a frag of the new clam? rofl

Hmmmm, (scratch) For a small monthly adoption fee I will send you pictures of the clam and provide a nice story for you what your funds did to support the clam!;)

Hmmmm, (scratch) For a small monthly adoption fee I will send you pictures of the clam and provide a nice story for you what your funds did to support the clam!;)

Ok how about I buy the clam from you, and give you the same deal free of charge. Now that is a deal. Besides what are friends for?