Help needed on R2R! Fellow reefer dies tragically in car accident!

R-3

I know we dont know Danny but this is really tragic. He died in a car accident and leaves behind a wife and a 2 week old baby :( Please help if ya can.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/58374-reefer-dad-one-our-own-killed.html#post641206

I'll help stop by my shop this weekend and i'll distribute fund for his family. That is so very sad, news like that is so terrible! My prayers goes to his family!

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

I'll help stop by my shop this weekend and i'll distribute fund for his family. That is so very sad, news like that is so terrible! My prayers goes to his family!

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

R2R already has a system setup to accept funds via Paypal so no need to stop by anywhere just visit R2R.

What do you "members" think about that idea?

Mike

You know I'm not a member. But i hope the club will do something. I did what i could a few moments ago. This brought tears to my eyes. I pray for his family. The hardship left behind is so overwhelming. Please, everybody. Do all that you can.

I'm all for making a donation in the name of the club. Aren't we doing another raffle at the Sunday meeting? How about having the proceeds from the raffle going to the family? Just an idea. It is really so eerie and sad. I saw his post on Reeffrontiers on March 14 about how he was excited to be in Seattle and about his new baby. Just shows you how much we take things for granted.

I'll bring up the "raffle idea" Kim to the rest of the BOD.

Great! I already have a frag from TECO and one from Premium aquarium that I will be raffleing off

I think this is a great idea, a great way to show how tight this community of Coral Fanatics are, its a great way to show how awesome PNWMAS is...I am all for it.....if the BOD give the green light to do it, I think there should be a seperate post about it, so everyone who might miss this thread, knows about it...and comes to the meeting prepaired to buy some raffle tickets for a great cause...(rock2) Frags from TECO and Premium Aquarium....(clap)....how could anyone go wrong with buying a raffle ticket or two..(or three or four)....

The club will be donating 150 dollars to Reefer(clap) This was posted on r2r from Danny's wife and I thought I would pass it along.... so sad.....(sad)

"My name is Heather and I am Danny or solastsummers wife. I want to thank you for your support and love that you have sent to me and my family. It is amazing that at such a devestating time I feel the love and support that I do. I cant begin to thank each of you for the love that I have felt. Thank you for you prayers and thoughts as well as your finanical support. I could not begin to believe how much a simple funreral cost or the emotional rollercoaster it puts you through.

I gave labor 11 weeks early in Everett Washington while I was visiting for a baby shower. My husband had to rush in from Idaho Falls Idaho to make it for her birth. He was able to rely on Brock, a fellow reefer, to take all his corral and fish. Thank you Brock for helping Dan get to me as fast as possible. Holly Ann was born 2 days after I started going into labor. She was 3 pounds and 16 and a half inches long. Dan was able to make it just in time.

Seeing as Holly would be in the hospital until the end of May, we desided to move to Seattle. 8 days after she was born Dan started to make the trip back to Idaho with my sister Alicia. A mile away from picking up our dog, she lost control of the vehicle and rolled it 3 times. It landed on its roof. Dan suffered brain trama and died instantly. My sister suffered only minor injurys and was released from the hospital the next day.

My husband was only a father for 8 days and he got to hold her only once.

Dan loved to check on the forums and did so in his nightly routine. I know that he would be proud to call everyone of you friend. Im going to miss complaining about his fish stuff taking up space or his getting super glue over everything.

Thank you for sharing his passion for the hobby. Thank you for providing such joy in his life and therefor mine. Thank you for the memories and friends we have made through the community.

Reefer, Dad, and one of our own was killed in a car wreck.-dan.jpgHis service will be in Everett Washington at 9509 19th ave se at the LDS church. If any of you are in the area I would be honored to have you attened."