Poters Angel Nipping SPS :-(

Ryan

I've had a potters angle for about 6 weeks now. Up until the other day, he never even glanced at a coral. The other day I put a new purple haze frag in, and he started nipping at it right away. He also started nipping at my Oregon & Cali tort, and a couple of my Milli's. (sad)

I feed him a ton & he eats like a pig. Is there something else he needs? Is there any way to get a nipper to stop nipping?

I love this fish, but love the SPS more....

Yes...and not all SPS' date=' just the ones I listed. He also nips them in the same place every time. Very strange.[/quote']

fish are so weird sometimes LOL. If your corals are large enough hE might not be doing them too much damage. If you watch the one at salt water fanta seas you will see him constantly nipping all the corals. The same is true for the flame angle at UPSCALES.

i tried a navarchus and a flame angel in my 60 gallon reef, both were noticeably destructive to my sps. netting didnt work, no room for a fish trap. the best method ive used to get fish out is to drain all the water out into a garbage can til there is only an inch or so of water left. easy to get any fish.

difficult to do in larger systems.

Well, I spent the morning fishing my Potters out. Took about an hour, and I had to take a lot of my corals & rock out of my tank, but I finally got it. I used 2 nets to corner it between the side of the tank and a rock. I traded it it at OIAB if anyone is interested in a very health, great eating, beautiful potters angel. It was hard to see it go, its such a great looking fish! I traded it in towards a trio of Bicolor Anthias.

How long have you had them? What do you feed them? How often do you feed them? So far I have tried thrown in a variety of "samples" to see what they like. They all 3 have ate everything I fed them so far...Mysis, Cyclopeeze, and ORA Glo Pellets, & Spectrum Thera +A pellets. These fish LIKE TO EAT!