COuld be the coolest coral I have ever seen.

gradth

It's nice. I just wish the saturation was dialed down a notch to get a better feel for what it looks like.

+1 You always see pictures of corals and the background in solid blue. Come on! We know that's not what it's really going to look like.

It's nice. I just wish the saturation was dialed down a notch to get a better feel for what it looks like.

I want to know where I can get some of that blue eggcrate.......

Not only is it way oversaturated but the color is way off. I played around with it a little in photoshop using the eggcrate and coraline as a basis for color correction and the best guess I can make is that it is green with orange eyes and rim. (Without being there to see it I can't tell how close my adustments were) It probably is a pretty nice looking chalice in person however it's certain that the picture isn't a very good representation.

I want to know where I can get some of that blue eggcrate.......

Not only is it way oversaturated but the color is way off. I played around with it a little in photoshop using the eggcrate and coraline as a basis for color correction and the best guess I can make is that it is green with orange eyes and rim. (Without being there to see it I can't tell how close my adustments were) It probably is a pretty nice looking chalice in person however it's certain that the picture isn't a very good representation.

That's one way I can always tell is the blue eggcrate. Rick are you able to post a picture of your best guess of what it really looks like?

That looks much more believable - and still a really nice coral. I just won't order from places that use that photo technique (I won't go so far as to say altering the photo). Thanks for posting' date=' Rick[/quote']

It may actually be that the picture completely lacks any corrections. (I suspect that the saturation was pushed up but it is still possible that the camera used did it) Personally I would prefer honest corrections to provide a more accurate representation. (Our lighting makes it almost impossible to do so without some correction involved)

This is what I came up with.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10973

Thanks Rick! I actually think I like this one better and I agree with JasonH. I try not to buy from vendors who overenhance their pictures. A little bit of post photo production is fine and I do this to try to make the picture the most representative.