My new skimmer-WOW

reefnjunkie

Well after a 325 mile road trip I am back with the skimmer I will use on the 400 gallon sysytem. I like the home depot bucket in the background for scale-

Its the SWC 250 1A Xtreme Cone w/Askoll 1500 pump, for the deal I got the drive was well worth it.-(naughty)

LOL at the orange 5 gallon home depot bucket in the back for size comparison, the bucket almost comes up to the white ring on the neck-(laugh)

Cant wait to start building-soon, very soon-but not soon enough-DOH!

NewSkimmer.jpg

So what was this "KILLER" deal?

400.00-compared to the one shop on line that had it at 1000.00, I thought it was worth 35.00 in fuel-I also met a very cool member from the Tri City area that has some corals I have been after and we are working out a "swap"

he wanted 500.00 which I was ready to spend but in taking a picture he dropped the skimmer, he caught it, but the lid fell off and the plastic ring cracked so he knocked 100.00 off. I used Weldon to glue it back and its like it never happened-

It really wasn't that the price was so great, its the rating and reputation of the skimmer/pump it will be perfect for my tank-I have been on the skimmer hunt for about 5 months and had it narrowed down to the SWC cone and Super Reefs cone.

I posted a WTB on Reef frontiers and this guy replied-I bet some know him ... Ed Hahn.

Anyway its the last component for the new build-getting excited

Ed is a great guy!

I have never met him, I do not believe. But I have had several/many PMs with him.

He is in charge of the Mid Columbia group in some fashion still, (Pres. VP, something).

Did he say if he was coming down this weekend for the Pedersen meeting? He said he was going to try in our last chat.

Ed is a great guy!

I have never met him, I do not believe. But I have had several/many PMs with him.

He is in charge of the Mid Columbia group in some fashion still, (Pres. VP, something).

Did he say if he was coming down this weekend for the Pedersen meeting? He said he was going to try in our last chat.

His schedule is insane-I know he was seeing if there were members going from his local group-Ya we sat and talked and before I knew it an hour had passed, real nice guy/

I think he is VP then, he mentioned being a VP but I got the idea that was some time ago and for another group-He has had some amazing speakers-ALL the top names that I have heard of