cost effective RO/DI water sourses?

parabola

hi,

with persistant algae blooms i'm regreting not buying a ro/di filter. currently i cannot afford my own and have resorted to ro/di from the despensors at local grocers. i tested it intitaly but used a SW tst kit before mixing the sample with salt, so my negitive reading was wrong. now i've realized the water i've been using shows an avg. 0.5-1.0 of p04.

concidering my finacial status, are there any local sorces that are reliable and cheap? i was spending 1.75 for 5gal at the water despensers. as far as i know the surounding fish stores sell water for $1 a gal, but provide consitant quality. are there any local vendors that posess bot saving w/ the same quality?

thanks for your time and concideration,

david

I will just offer that depending on how much water you use......a good ro/di can pay for itself rather quickly.

AND save you gas money and effort of having to go pick the stuff up as well as truly know what it is your putting in your tank. The full control is worth something as well IMO.

I DO understand for people that arent using that much water that it makes more sense ot buy it, but you cant always count on the fact that the person you are buying it from is maintaining their equipment to

provide quality. A .5-1 phosphate level will cause you a ton of grief

i hear you there, when i recieve my tax return an ro/di unit is at the top of my list. when ever something is assumed to be, it will almost certainly lead to problems. wile i'm still new to the hobby and from what i've invested, i've found myself struggling to afford what i need for sucess becuase i cant afford loose what i'm maintainig so far.

if you come to me in salem its 10 cents or free either ones good.

tds after membrane is 0 followed by di can pump out 75 a day come and get some if you want pm me ill give you my number btw this is all due to living in a apartment yay free water i think my record fro showers way 8 in one day HHAHAHAHA lol love apartments.

if you come to me in salem its 10 cents or free either ones good.

tds after membrane is 0 followed by di can pump out 75 a day come and get some if you want pm me ill give you my number btw this is all due to living in a apartment yay free water i think my record fro showers way 8 in one day HHAHAHAHA lol love apartments.

my apartment charges for water usage =(