Reeflo Excellent customer service & warranty

Harold B

I have been in touch recently with Reeflo pumps concerning a Dart that I have with a slight bearing noise/leaky seal situation. After a few e-mails and phone calls they not only are willing to replace the pump which was bought in 09 but they are going to upgrade me to a Brand new Hammerhead for the cost of shipping. They are also sending it out now and then letting me return mine after installing the new one since I have no back up. WOW! I can't stress enough how great it is to see a company stand by thier warranty. No "well your not the original purchaser" or "only with the original proof of purchase" which few manage to keep ahold of for several years. Even DA and V-tech with thier "A" plus customer service require these things. I have to admit Reeflo is a class act. Thanks Harold

Thumbs up from me also. Just recently my 3&1/2 year old marlin started to have startup problems and get noisy. I took it apart to try to clean it and for the life of me I couldn't get the impeller off of the shaft to clean it thoroughly. I emailed chris at reeflo and he said that my warrenty was "borderline" (meaning there really wasn't any) and that he would sell me an entire new pump for 199 shipped (this pump sells for like 450 new!). Then he says just send your old one back and we will refurb it free of charge and send it back so you will now have 2 pumps, one as a backup! Can't beat this kind of service... anytime I get a small leak from the seals on my multiple reeflo pumps I just send off an email and they send new ones out for free!

Waves ya that's cool I know you only deal with wholesale customers to bad you couldn't do repairs/warranty work. Madmike thanks ya they really are a step above the rest they told me that owners should disassemble the pump for cleaning/inspection at least every 6 mo and doing so doesn't void warrantys

Waves ya that's cool I know you only deal with wholesale customers to bad you couldn't do repairs/warranty work. Madmike thanks ya they really are a step above the rest they told me that owners should disassemble the pump for cleaning/inspection at least every 6 mo and doing so doesn't void warrantys

Ive got a 7 year old dart gold Ive never cleaned, changed bearings or seal. Its probably due :) Its so old its back when they used clear blue plastic on the volute, not that you can see in after a weeks worth of sludge builds up inside. I run 3 dart golds on my system.

I have had mixed experiences with REEFLO help, I personally don't use them anymore. Had so many issues with them they were practically on speed dial. Good customer service is a good thing but why dont they fix the problem? (probably cuz they still profit if they dont) I have had countless bearings go out. I heard they had a bad batch of replacement bearings a few years ago (something with the rubber composition from....who else? CHINA!) They sent me a new one. Then they started to question my installation methods, I sent them pics of everyone for approval, all were overkill and approved.

Personally I think they have such good service because if they didn't, no one would come back. To stay in business with a sub-par product for the price, you must have good service. I have gotten the dart gold or hammerhead trade in speech...for a nominal feee...blah blah...do they not like the dart either? so switch to trade it out? just really makes me question their intentions. Someone should send them all these repair threads!

WARNING: One of the failures was catastrophic, The "bad-batch" bearing failed within a few hours, locking up and melting (thermal protection helps motor not plastic/rubber) and basically started pumping on the floor (yes 3200gph in a 200 gallon system, you must act fast before it is all on the floor!)

I have had mixed experiences with REEFLO help, I personally don't use them anymore. Had so many issues with them they were practically on speed dial. Good customer service is a good thing but why dont they fix the problem? (probably cuz they still profit if they dont) I have had countless bearings go out. I heard they had a bad batch of replacement bearings a few years ago (something with the rubber composition from....who else? CHINA!) They sent me a new one. Then they started to question my installation methods, I sent them pics of everyone for approval, all were overkill and approved.

Personally I think they have such good service because if they didn't, no one would come back. To stay in business with a sub-par product for the price, you must have good service. I have gotten the dart gold or hammerhead trade in speech...for a nominal feee...blah blah...do they not like the dart either? so switch to trade it out? just really makes me question their intentions. Someone should send them all these repair threads!

WARNING: One of the failures was catastrophic, The "bad-batch" bearing failed within a few hours, locking up and melting (thermal protection helps motor not plastic/rubber) and basically started pumping on the floor (yes 3200gph in a 200 gallon system, you must act fast before it is all on the floor!)

Something doesnt sound right here... IF the bearings went bad, why would that put water on your floor? The wet end would still be sealed regardless of the status of the bearings.

Ive literally sold hundreds of these pumps, and I have never had something like that happen.

What model motor where you having issues with? I do feel the Gold upgrade is worth every penny!

OK, its just a verbage thing. The seal is not a bearing at all, its actually two ceramic rings that slide against each other, thats what makes the seal. There is a spring that keeps constant pressure on the two pieces of ceramic to make it hold water tight. Are you sure you never ran the pump dry? Runnign the pump dry for more than a few seconds will heat these ceramic rings to the point of failure very quickly.

The bearings are on the motor/dry end.

never ran it dry...I do this for a living. call it what you want, the seal failed, they are the ones saying it was a bad batch and sent me a new one...hence mixed experience not bad experience. A seal failing will cause water to leak... and I have never heard of a pump with so many people having to replace seals multiple times in the life of a pump...makes me think they are profiting off of seal sales rather than fix the issue.

Almost like a horror story on reef central of someone selling SPS ridden with redbugs and also selling interceptor on a different thread...why fix the prob when you can profit off the cure too? Sorry to get off topic lol

I still have the seal and pump if anyone wants to buy it cheap and fix it...my system is worth too much to risk it..

never ran it dry...I do this for a living. call it what you want, the seal failed, they are the ones saying it was a bad batch and sent me a new one...hence mixed experience not bad experience. A seal failing will cause water to leak... and I have never heard of a pump with so many people having to replace seals multiple times in the life of a pump...makes me think they are profiting off of seal sales rather than fix the issue.

QUOTE]

Ive never really heard of them charging anyone for seals, so I doubt thats the issue. Not much profit in free seals :)

Well one things for sure they don't profit off the seals since they will send you those free of charge. From my understanding the bearings fail after the seals begin to leak and drip down the shaft where they corrode the bearing which if left unchecked causes bearing failure. Which wouldn't happen if they are cleaned and inspected every 6 mo. at least. This and a combo. of being left in an enclosed salt water enviroment without proper ventilation. I hardly believe that a company thats been in business so long has a buisness model like the one mentioned. Thanks Harold