Shane's 150

USCG CWO

So I upgraded from a glass 90 to an acrylic 150. I am still stressing scratching the the acrylic but so far I've been lucky. Oh and I made the stand. The canopy was made by Steve Mann but I skinned and painted it.

So here are pics.

001.jpg003.jpg[/img]

004.jpg[/img]

007.jpg[/img]

006.jpg[/img]

[img010.jpg009.jpg017.jpg012.jpg

Very nice.

I wish my over flow box way like that.

One the hanging fixture, are the things between the chain and cable a tension pulley of some sort? So you can lift the hood and it will stay.

Steve they are sunlifts from SLS. So I can lift and move the canopy as needed.

You need to get a frag rack in that overflow...its the wave of the future!

Very nice stand...I like the detail around the top edge.

I wish I could but it is to hard to get to the rear of it. My 12 year old squeezes behind it if I need something done. Plus I have this.

Fragtank002.jpg[/img]

Nice job Shane! You do nice woodwork. This may be a stupid question but is this a closed loop system? Plumbing isn't my thing I leave that to tanktop!

Kim, nope no closed loop. I heard to many horror stories. I hate plumbing actually what a pain trying to balance everything.

@$#%*&%.....&%%#$#@......&*^^$%#% SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the last three days trying to figure out why all of a sudden my overflow wasn't flowing enough and it was gurgling like crazy. My wife said she didn't hear any difference but I wanted to pull my hair out. I had a humungo turbo snail stuck down one of my 1" overflows. I found it today. Back to sweet silence. Thank god!!! $%^*@^.......@%@%$# SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!

@$#%*&%.....&%%#$#@......&*^^$%#% SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the last three days trying to figure out why all of a sudden my overflow wasn't flowing enough and it was gurgling like crazy. My wife said she didn't hear any difference but I wanted to pull my hair out. I had a humungo turbo snail stuck down one of my 1" overflows. I found it today. Back to sweet silence. Thank god!!! $%^*@^.......@%@%$# SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!

Tanks looking good Shane!

Next time though dont hold back with telling us how you really feel about snails-holding emotions in can be unhealthy-(nono)

(laugh)

Yeah' date=' how did it manage to get in there i thought had it screened off![/quote']

Believe it or not I think he climbed up over the back. It wasn't no small snail. This snail would take your lunch money. I think he was Australian and on his walk about. #$%&%&%&@@ SNAILS!!!!!!

On the plus side my overflow has never looked so clean.(laugh)(laugh)

• 6 months later...

So who ended up with your 90? Still kicking myself for not buying it. Love your tanks, all of them. I agree on plumbing, and hate snails unless they are a type that never gets big enough to plow over a frag. But still they get crusty growths on their shells like vermetid snails that they drag across the acrylic scratching it. Not even sure I need snails, they leave tracks in the algae.

Thanks again for the anemone, it has not wandered a single time. Not in a year. Knock on wood... now that I said that it will likely do so tonight (:

Kate