Pete's 72 gallon Bowfront (pic heavy)

PeteRock

Hey folks,

I posted a thread when I first joined, but have been much more active lately so I thought I'd sort of reintruduce myself and share some pics of my tank. (rock2)

I'm sort of all over the place with hobbies and I shift my addictive attention around from time to time, but right now I'm all about my tank and am really enjoying it! My refound love is due the new 250 Watt MH I just hooked up. I also changed my VHO bulbs (both actinic) and I have a sort of dawn and dusk now. I faded in the MH over a couple weeks and things are looking sweet! Nothing impressive to a lot of you I'm sure, but its coming along nicely for me now that I'm back into it and buying some SPS and branching out a bit. (clap)

The 72 gallon glass bowfront: started 5/6/06 but simply kept.

Lighting

250W MH 14k 4-9pm Added 1/23/2011

2x46.5" VHO's, one is "454" and other is "super actinic" noon-midnight

5-10 gallon Sump

Float valve with 5 gallon auto top off

Tiny skimmer that really does a good job when there is waste

Fuge with some LR and plants

Other

Corner trickle overflow

Cool bow front magnification effect

Light bioload(scratch)

Wonderfully crafted 3/4" plywood hood, build in a couple hours with a 2" jigsaw and a 6 pack. (Bowfronts are such a pain to find/make lids for) I laugh at myself for it, but it really does the job well, just ugly and heavy.

Fish

Paired Percula Clowns hosted to softball sized frogspawn

2 pajama cardnals

Yellow watchman goby

Coral Beauty (new, 1/16/11)

Chromis that survived the cycling process from day one. (gangsta!)

Anyway.... Here are some pics, sorry to ramble, I could talk for hours about my tank...

My apartment glows, looks pretty cool from the street!

DSC02975.jpg

I stopped using filter bags... is that really bad? DOH!

DSC02973.jpg

Since the vhos are on from 12-12, and the MH is on from 4-9, I have a sort of dawn and dust period that I enjoy as much as the bright cycle.

DSC02974.jpg

Dusk/Dawn

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

Daytime 4-9pm (may start to add time, what do you think?)

My wallpaper at work:

DSC02927.jpg

Smile for the camera you beauty

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02967.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02884.jpg

I've got some bubble algae issues, I know, but I just got this big old 2-3" elmerald crab from noobtosalt, as well as some pink zoos for my fiance on Vday. First time I met a PNWMAS member and Jesse was really cool. Thanks dude! The crab is really chowing on the bubbles so thats awesome. I also added a cleaner shrimp the other day and within hours, my coral beauty was letting the shrimp clean it off (trace amounts of ich that lead me to buy the shrimp). It was great to see two biological solutions take effect right before my eyes.

I hope you like my tank! And now you know a bit more about me when you see me around the boards.

Suggestions on my tank are welcomed! Thanks for looking.

I've got some bubble algae issues, I know, but I just got this big old 2-3" elmerald crab from noobtosalt, as well as some pink zoos for my fiance on Vday. First time I met a PNWMAS member and Jesse was really cool. Thanks dude! The crab is really chowing on the bubbles so thats awesome. I also added a cleaner shrimp the other day and within hours, my coral beauty was letting the shrimp clean it off (trace amounts of ich that lead me to buy the shrimp).

I've heard that Noobtosalt guy is really nice....(laugh)

It was good to meet you the other day. Were going to start filling up that tank before you know it. I just feel bad that my tank was still getting back to normal from moving it.

Very Cool, Beautiful tank! Love the Frogspawn pics, I miss having frogspawn. That Coral Beauty is awesome, great pic too! I am curious what others think of running no filter socks, I have been thinking of doing the same thing...It seems I have to change mine quite frequently, I don't know if that is normal or what.

Thanks folks. I got the Rose BTA at Seahorse, he had a few on sale so I grabbed one and yeah, its really pink in all light levels. I think he got them from someone local, so it may be someone on the boards..?

I just fed it some brine and my piggy clown came over and was stealing it out of RBT! any suggestions what to do about that? I'm like 99% sure its not actually feeding the thing.