? use to stick frags to plugs?

PeteRock

Not sure what happened in my tank today... get home from work and a horn frag and a birdsnest frag are both off the plug in the sand... I've never messed with this stuff before, but can i just use a little tupperware full of tank water and use regular super glue to reattach them?

Thanks.

My local dollar store sells gel super glue that works pretty good. I dont even have dry off the frags or plugs. I try to do it above the tank and close to the water so the frag isnt out very long. Once the glue hits the water it sets up pretty quick.

Do you have turbo snails in your tank? Those guys do a good job cleaning up algae but they can pop things off the plug. A fellow reefer gave me a tip about attaching frags to rock that makes them stick. It's called the epoxy sandwich. You use epoxy which can be bought at Home Depot. I get mine from BRS because it is coralline covered. Garrett is also stocking it now. You apply superglue to the epoxy and then glue the epoxy to the frag and then apply superglue to the other side of the epoxy and attach to rock. I hope that makes sense.

Do you have turbo snails in your tank? Those guys do a good job cleaning up algae but they can pop things off the plug. A fellow reefer gave me a tip about attaching frags to rock that makes them stick. It's called the epoxy sandwich. You use epoxy which can be bought at Home Depot. I get mine from BRS because it is coralline covered. Garrett is also stocking it now. You apply superglue to the epoxy and then glue the epoxy to the frag and then apply superglue to the other side of the epoxy and attach to rock. I hope that makes sense.

That reefer sounds like they know what they are doing, I would listen to this person (who has lost SPS to Ricordeas, before using the mentioned method). I use it in rockscaping as well, it works so well one time I needed to move the rock and the "sandwich" did not give but the rock broke instead.

Props to the secret reefing guru-(laugh), but I was told the secret from SWF

That reefer sounds like they know what they are doing, I would listen to this person (who has lost SPS to Ricordeas, before using the mentioned method). I use it in rockscaping as well, it works so well one time I needed to move the rock and the "sandwich" did not give but the rock broke instead.

Props to the secret reefing guru-(laugh), but I was told the secret from SWF

Yes, the word is out it was Reefnjunkie that first advised us of the epoxy sandwich technique. From now on I will call it the "Reefy sandwich" and it does work well!

Use the gel stuff as its alot easer. You can do it right over the tank if you want. If you can pull the plug and the coral out' date=' then dry the two spots off some and put the glue on and dip it back in the water. The glue starts to skim over as it comes in contact with the water.[/quote']

Yup I go with the gel too.