Frag Swap - encrusting montiporas

Mandinga

Concept: Multiple members(6) gather together to swap a similar species coral. 6 people will frag a colony of their choice and then swap the frags with each other.

Rules: There will be a moderator. In order to get on the list, you must have an acceptable species to trade. Not everyone will be satisfied with all frags, but the corals should be similar in value, or beauty. There will be no money exchanged. If you would like to be on the list, please post here, with your coral(no duplicates). Also, must be able to show up on day of swap.

Meeting and disperse info: The group will meet at Westiside Aquarium

We will all meet and swap our frags:

Saturday, February 5th, 3pm at Westside Aquarium.

Coral to be fragged/traded:

ENCRUSTING MONTIPORA ONLY

Frag Size: 1/2" and larger.

List of Swappers and the frags they will be making

1. Kris -- Superman or ??

2. LewisRiverFisherman -- Rainbow montipora

3. Mandinga- Purple Haze

4. WeGotJS -- gold base, green polyp monti

5. PantherGuy30 -- either sunset, or chili pepper

----------------------------------

6.rubberduck9 -- Superman Montipora

7. LFS Supporter -- Westside Aquarium -- Tim is guaranteeing we leave with a smile on our faces :]

Upcoming frag swaps should include paly's, zoas, acans, acro, etc...

lewis river:

P1040837.jpg

mandinga:

DSC06880.JPG

Kris - not actual frag

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRONwCwb8RlB9ZSVSR5HAgBKoEtHV2xPjtx7lLMlctcqJBeE3YG&t=1

• Like 1

I stole this concept from a fly fishing forum that I belog to...people do this all the time with fly tying swaps. They swaps homemade flies instead of frags. Great way to diversify a collection, and in a sense, share some love...while getting love in return.

IF there is a Montipora coral you want to add to your tank, shout it out, maybe someone has it and will join.

JEDI MIND TRICK! i would like that! reverse sunset, or superman, or or or or or

Also, if you don't have any encrusting montipora, ask youself WHY NOT? and then, go to your LFS, buy colony, join swap, frag up and saddle up. Now you have 7 montipora species from one.

Yes I think this is a great idea!!

Well then, what monti are you going to frag? That's a BIG tank Steve!

I thinks a pretty good idea as well . The have an orange montapora & Idaho grape & that's the only two I could do right now

Hozer, if you have a good encrusting monti(non cap at this point), enrollment is somewhat first come first serve. It is almost worth going down to your favorite LFS and buing a little colony of something encrusting. Then you can frag and trade.

Pantherguy, I'll put you down...for either. I'd vote for sunset, but either would be cool. let us know.

and

"Although 7 pcs could be done I'd have no idea how to get them off the rock in useable pieces? "

Frags should be about 1/2" or larger...though, monti's will grow from TINY slivers...

So is the idea to have at least a frag for every person that is on the list so everyone gets a frag from everyone else?

I don't follow how the swap will take place, crystal clear on what you need in order to get in (not so clear on the # of frags you need of your particle piece you are "entering" with).

Looks like Sunset may be spoken for???

I have a Tyree Sunset I got from Lowman that I was (am) fragging up and was going to sell off but this sounds appealing/tempting

So is the idea to have at least a frag for every person that is on the list so everyone gets a frag from everyone else?

I don't follow how the swap will take place, crystal clear on what you need in order to get in (not so clear on the # of frags you need of your particle piece you are "entering" with).

Looks like Sunset may be spoken for???

I have a Tyree Sunset I got from Lowman that I was (am) fragging up and was going to sell off but this sounds appealing/tempting

Brad, you have it right...everyone will start with 6 frags of their own coral. At the swap location(WESTSIDE Aquarium) we will meet and exchange frag for frag, so that everyone has 6 different frags when they leave.

We dont want to duplicate corals, and yes, it looks like sunset is already spoken for. You must have another mystery monti in there...

I'd join in' date=' but the only monti large enough to make 5-8 frags that I have, is a purple haze[/quote']

I posted a picture of what I am trading as purple haze...if it looks different, you would still be eligible...I have seen numerous "purple haze" varieties...

Update The meeting time will be:

Saturday, February 5th, 3pm at Westside Aquarium.

If you can't make it, please make arrangements with myself, or with Tim at westside...your corals MUST be there on Saturday the 5th of February. If you cannot get the corals there, or if you can't be there, please let us know now.

thanks!