Free Fender PBass Mexican not perfect

Electrokate

There is a reason this is free-the work it needs is not cheap. Could use a new tuning machine and a general tune up, but strings are new and cosmetically it's fine. I just don't think it's worth spending money to fix and then sell, so am giving away. Black with white pick guard, a few stickers. Soft case.

Have not had an amp in more than 10 years so no idea how the wiring is.

Sounds great huh? Did I mention it is free (:

Kate

This should make Jess very happy' date=' she's been wantin to learn how to play guitar.... lol[/quote']

uh... sounds like it is a bass (4 strings) not a guitar (6 strings). Now don't get all technical and tell me that a bass guitar is still a guitar, and that the missing two strings don't matter that much anyway... But it is not a guitar like it sounds like Jess wants to play. Unless she wants to learn with a bass. :)

dsoz

4 or 6 strings' date=' i still want it, if she doesnt want to play it, i'll learn how LOL it'd be fun, an I think i'd prefer a bass anyway[/quote']

You still have to pay to get it fixed Mick LOL, and even then you will need an amp. You should get her a used acoustic guitar, It sounds like you could get one for half the price of fixing this one.

P.S. I used to play Bass and unless you are in a band a guitar is much more fun. Playing bass is not necessarily easier than guitar either, it is just different. I didn't figure that out until I had already bought the Bass LOL. IMO acoustic guitar is the way to go, and I have had no less then 5 guitars (electric acoustic and bass). :-)

bass is not just a rhythm instrument IMO. you jusdt need to be more creative is all. Slapping and tapping are both very interesting styles that can have a hard time finding their place in a full band setting. I've played bass for something like 14 years and fully enjoy jamming by myself. That said, most people don't start out saying 'man I want to learn how to play bass!!!'. Every one wants to be Hendrix, jimmy page, or Kirk Hammet and no one (that I know) says they want to be Getty Lee, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, or Ryan Martini. (scratch)

I currently have 2 basses 1 electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. (rock2)

All I ask is: don't be hatin' on the bass (laugh)

bass is not just a rhythm instrument IMO. you jusdt need to be more creative is all. Slapping and tapping are both very interesting styles that can have a hard time finding their place in a full band setting. I've played bass for something like 14 years and fully enjoy jamming by myself. That said, most people don't start out saying 'man I want to learn how to play bass!!!'. Every one wants to be Hendrix, jimmy page, or Kirk Hammet and no one (that I know) says they want to be Getty Lee, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, or Ryan Martini. (scratch)

I currently have 2 basses 1 electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. (rock2)

All I ask is: don't be hatin' on the bass (laugh)

LOL. When I started out I wanted to be just like Sid vicious. Man am I glad that never happened LOL.

P.S. I loved my bass I just think most people think it's easier than guitar when in reality it's a lot easier to get a good sound out of a guitar when you first start out. Props to those who can play the bass well.

It may be that she will find out she really wants to play guitar, if she does then I hope the bass goes to someone else it will make happy. I suck at guitar, but tried to learn on lousy instruments by myself which probably did not help. Used to have a red guitar that looked like that 2nd one pictured, we called it "She Beastie", it looked way better than it played. Got passed around a lot.

Learning should be done on a solid instrument, otherwise you handicap yourself. But plenty of people learn on electric guitar, does not have to be acoustic, and she might love the bass which not a guitar is capable of being a lot of fun to play and hear... once that buzzing string gets fixed.

I also have a wood Selmer Paris alto clarinet with extra new Rovner mouthpiece and solid silver ligature and cap for 600 bucks but I have a feeling that won't be as popular (:

Kate

lol I have 2 crappy Bflat Clarinets here and my fiance has a wood one (we met in high school band lol) A 3/4 size violin with no bow and a old keyboard. I very much enjoy music and preforming. Too bad I haven't preformed in many years (sad)

I hope that this bass will go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is (clap)