WTB - revive coral cleaner

fpd4308

I didn't think revive killed red bugs I thought you had to use interceptor

My understanding is that revive kills Rb's. I think the issue would be did you get them all or were there some in the water column so you have to redip ect. I am not buying into the Interceptor hype. I just don't feel responsible putting something in my tank that kills all other crustaceans and pods. Seems like a good way to set myself up for a crash. My motto is " Miracle cures aren't"........lol but JMO.

Rx is more gentle. Neither dip will eliminate the eggs of these pests, so interceptor is the most used way for killing the eggs. If you don't want to treat the full tank, quarantine the sps for 6 weeks or so and treat the qt tank only.

They all contain praziquantel

Just for my education what made you like the coral rx better?

I used them both at the same time when I was moving my coral from the temp system into the new tank, the Rx really cleaned the rock up, i think they are similar formulas but I noticed the difference

I used them both at the same time when I was moving my coral from the temp system into the new tank' date=' the Rx really cleaned the rock up, i think they are similar formulas but I noticed the difference[/quote']

So are you saying you used both mixed together or that you just used both products at different times for you tank move?

I have both and like the revive better, but if they work better mixed I am willing to give that a try!

So are you saying you used both mixed together or that you just used both products at different times for you tank move?

I have both and like the revive better, but if they work better mixed I am willing to give that a try!

No not mixed just had two 1gal buckets of each and it seemed like the rock looked a lot nicer in the Rx. I have red cyno from my old tank that still comes back, not bad just annoying and the Rx really cleans the rock. I cant really say what it did for the coral I didnt want to bring anything bad into the new tank, it was the first time i used either

I used to have issues with the red bugs but interceptor did the job very well. I used it in a 5 gallon bucket with a small heater and a powerhead to keep the water moving. I kept the corals in there for about 4 or 5 hours and than I rinse them off with new water from the tank and put the back in the display tank. I only had to do it once and I haven't seen any red bugs since.