The BCS sucks!

Emerald525

Warning this is another off topic about football!(nono)(laugh)

Wouldn't it be nice if in the NFL the decision to go to a playoff game was based on popularity and what matchups would get the most money. My Dallas Cowboys would be in there every year!(clap) Just kidding folks I would love to have a playoff system in college

The good: Boise state finally got knocked out of the top 10 thanks to that amazing game against Nevada. True true, they should have won except for a certain kicker choking but should not have been that close of game and Nevada made quite the comeback!(clap)Now I don't have to hear the Boise head coach spouting off about how he can beat any team any where with all his players hands tied behind his back! I also don't have to see that stupid blue football field any more that practically gives me a migraine headache!(laugh)(laugh)

The odd: How is it my Aggies have a 6 game winning streak and beat then number 9 Nebraska and now number 9 Oklahoma and end up dropping a spot to number 18DOH!DOH!(nutty) And even though they are tied in the standings and have beat both teams have no part in the Big 12 championship(sad)(sad)

And finally for your Duck fans, How is it the Oregon Ducks drop to number 2 when they beat Arizona, a ranked team , by 19 points and Auburn out of pure luck barely squeaks out a victory?DOH!DOH! Oh well Ducks, it doesn't really matter as you control your own destiny. Beat the Beavers and you're in the National Championship and you get to proove your number one status!(clap)(clap)Don't take those Beavers lightly though....(nono)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah its all a big joke really. There are 3 parameters to the BCS, Harris poll, Coaches poll and the computers. Ducks are #2 in the computers, #1 in both polls. So you put two #1s and a #2 into your calculator and come up with an average of 2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Whatever, Duck fans are used to the BCS screw job.

Was just reading more about this BCS crap:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13044/oregon-drops-in-bcs-despite-win

This marks the first time since the BCS debuted in 1998 that the No. 1 team dropped in the standings in the final four weeks of the season without losing.

I think the real reason Auburn got moved to #1 is so that if they lose in the SEC championship game, they can then fall to #2 and still play in the NCG.

Especially this comming Saturday....GOOOO BEAVS!!!!(laugh)

LOL just couldn't leave it alone. I don't think the Beavers stand a chance but you never know. Look at last years game. That was amazing. I predict as usual the Ducks will start out slow and the Beavers will be ahead and then come fourth quarter they blow them out.

Was just reading more about this BCS crap:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13044/oregon-drops-in-bcs-despite-win

This marks the first time since the BCS debuted in 1998 that the No. 1 team dropped in the standings in the final four weeks of the season without losing.

I think the real reason Auburn got moved to #1 is so that if they lose in the SEC championship game, they can then fall to #2 and still play in the NCG.

Well Miles, at least the ducks control their own destiny. They just have to beat the Beavers (beware the trap game(nono)) and they are in the national championship...(clap) and who is number one will be decided on the field.

What about my Aggies?(sad) It's been years since they have been in the top 25 and despiste beating 2 highly ranked team and finishing off the Longhorns the best they get is number 18....(nutty)

Kim - well you have 3 losses. Thats why you are #18. There is only 1 team with 3 losses ranked higher, and they are the defending National Champs.

It does suck that A&M beat both teams that are in the Big12 championship game though.

Yes they suffered losses from 3 ranked opponents. Just nice to see them have a winning year....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/529097-bcs-rankings-aside-texas-am-deserves-spot-in-big-xii-title-game

Oh yeah and Go Ducks!(rock2)

Sorry Beaver fans. It's just really hard to root for a team that is also a derogatory name for female anatomy...(whistle)(laugh)

Was that a ReefnjunkieDOH!(scary)

Does everyone know to get to the NC game that Auburn has to beat the Gamecocks and the Ducks have to stuff the Beavers?

Sex sells.

Actually Auburn can lose and still get into the NCG. Ducks lose and they are out. Whats funny is that they would fall below Stanford, a team they beat.

Thumbs up where is Mr. S when we need him?

Does everyone know to get to the NC game that Auburn has to beat the Gamecocks and the Ducks have to stuff the Beavers?

Sex sells.

(popcorn)rofl(laugh)

As others ignore the reference I will reward you for the middleschool humor!(clap)rofl

I agree Auburn got some sympathy votes from some coaches so if they lose the SEC title game they slide to #2 and still get into the NCG.

I seriously doubt if Auburn loses to the game they would stay at #2. If that happens then you know for sure this whole BCS thing is completely rigged.

I would love to see Auburn lose to the gamecocks which could happen and they almost did lose this weekend.

Sex sells.

No reason to quote this other than it's just plain funny!(laugh)

Actually Auburn can lose and still get into the NCG. Ducks lose and they are out. Whats funny is that they would fall below Stanford' date=' a team they beat.[/quote']

I'm hoping Auburn loses as I don't think if they lose to the Gamecocks they will fall to #2. If they lose I believe TCU moves up and then we have the Ducks and the Frogs playing for the national championship!(rock2)

Cmon who doesn't want Ducks and Frogs playing?(clap)

Of course at that point I would have to root for the TCU horned frogs!(rock2)

I don't know the math and all that, i don't think anyone does, but on the BCS show last night they were talking about how Auburn can still lose and make the NCG cuz TCU is so far behind. ESPN does have a TON of employees who vote in the Harris poll. Swaying just some of those to switch their votes from Oregon to Auburn at #1, since it doesn't matter in the NCG who is #1 or #2 they still play. ESPN has a $2.25 BILLION deal with the SEC. Its in their best interest to get a SEC team into the NCG.

Doesn't really matter as long as the Ducks win! :D

Only Duck fans would wring their hands and come up with tinfoil hat plots against them about being dropped to #2 in the national rankings.

Seriously - It doesn't matter if you are 1 or 2 YOU GET TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Frankly, it matters more to Beaver fans. We'd rather you be at #1 so when we beat you it's got a better ring to it :-)

straight up if you believe your beaves will win.(plotting)

You Hole fans are priceless! Your team is #2 in the country going against a defensive so thin and ranking near the bottom of the NCAA and you won't give points and then you try the "if you believe in your team" line!?!?

See we get actual educations at Oregon State and can do things like math and comparative analysis instead of underwater basket weaving and bong loading 305. We are learning to construct buildings and break atoms instead of gazing at our navel and dreaming of what Santa Nike will give us next year.

Go back outside if you want to play kiddy games son. (laugh)

Marcus getting a little feisty!

My point was the BCS sucks not the Beavers althought they're doing about as good as my Cowboys this year..(whistle)

Here's a few pictures to ligthen the mood!(laugh)

This one is called FAIL!;)Poor little guy(sad)

beaver2.jpg

To be fair and balanced one for the Beaver fans!

Oregonduck.jpg

And there was one that was hilarious but you have to pm me for that one! Family friendly here and all..(nono)