Brightwell Products ????

R-3

Who here uses Brightwell stuff? Im thinking about diving into this stuff and was wondering what is a good starting point. Ive seen some sweet tanks online of people that used these products. Just looking for a good place to start. Thanks!

i have used brightwell before. i dont really like it, the last tub of magnesium i bought would not raise my mag above 1250. it seemed like the coral in my tank was not likeing it as well. i know reefit was using the brightwell alk as well and had problems with it if i remember right, maybe he can chime in and explain a little about his use. i do know that some ppl have had success with bright well so maybe i just got a bad batch or something . I am using BRS now, i have had good luck with it and it doesent seem to effect my corals in a negitive way. good luck!!

Running a ULNS system can be an intensive job and risky. The main 2 elements of a probiotic system are the bacteria and their food, being in my opinion the rest of the bottles pretty much as useful as regular water changes. You really have to watch your tank closely because it can go quickly into rtn issues.

Zeovit, Prodibio, Brightwell and a few more companies focus their method on ULNS probiotic environment. From some research I did, seems that Brightwell is a little bit more light than the other 2, this also justify the lower price.

If you are ready to test daily, then download the Zeovit guide and start from there :)

From what I've read about ULNS is that it can be looked at as a clever marketing scheme where the tank owner strips everything from the water and then buys it all back in little bottles and replaces it in certain amounts. The thing is there are certainly other ways of controling nutrients than this like WC's, although clever.

I have been using the biofuel and their salt. Really lile the results. I did cut the biofuel dose in half. Starting getting burnt tips on my acros. Color is much more intense. I did have some questions early on. I called their 800 number, did not call back, but they still returned my call (caller ID). Great customer service. Never used other products though.