So what ever happen to your Tyree LE frags?

Randy-S

I think its been over a year since the club had Tyree as a speaker. Of course when he came up he brought a lot of frags with him. So lets see what happen to them any one got pics of there Tyree LE corals?

I only purchased one coral from him the not so purple monster. For my $100.00 he gave me a sliver I would say 1/4" brown frag. here it is a year or so later. its not the show coral I was hoping for yet but, its getting better.

So lets see them... SHOW ME YOUR LE's!!!!

Sorry about the crappy pics its hard to photo its deep in my tank.

newcameratestshots104.jpg

newcameratestshots103.jpg

Here is a picture of my " hundred dollar efflo" just after I put it in the tank! Looks like crap in this shot.R2R2

very funny yet very sick at the same time lol(puke)

didnt get any at meeting but i do have quite a few of his LE frags everything ive got is looking as pictured

I got one for free from another reefer. I didn't buy into the hype either.

Please remember this is a family forum and I hate to be the one who says some of the posts in here are a little over the top, but "some of the posts in here are over the top."

I didn't buy into the hype either.

I bought into it! ...And pretty much regret every dime... :) I could have picked up a great deal more at Upscales any day of the week for what I spent. Lesson learned.

Sorry for the large pics but here is where mine stand. I lost two, including my favorite, to an algae bloom of some kind. I think it may have been bacterial in nature from overdosing vinegar with my kalk at the time; The A. navini and so-called "Sky Blue" Mille are toast. I really miss the navini though... it had really colored up nicely.DOH!

My old tank wasn't providing the best conditions for the first 9-12 months but these have started to change for the better in the last 6 months or so.

Ben

Sorry everyone. Don't mean to delete posts, but we are a family forum. Just getting back on topic. I realize that not everyone was happy with their Tyree LE corals. I am one of the not so happy crowd. Please try to keep it family friendly in the future. I have removed all posts that when off topic.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jay

Inkto the Ponapae Torch looks pretty good. What ones did you lose?

I lost the navini...

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedacroporanavini.htm

...and the Sky Blue Mille...

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedacroporamillepora.htm

I'm pretty happy with the Torch so far... I finally have a more stable tank for it to mature in and it's starting to color up a little more in the tips. I'm hoping to see some better growth and figure out my lack of polyp extension too... then, maybe, I'll be happy. :)

Here is the fragfarmer pic of the Torch:

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedponapetorchstag.htm

Ben

All that fuss over some poo talk? Maybe I missed something. Plenty of punn opportunities here though....hrm...can't resist just one: Chief took a pooper scooper to the thread...(laugh) DOH!

Sorry to hear that Ben, re: 'buying into it'...like you said lesson learned and it's good to speak up so others can be wary and not fall prey. I still kick myself for some of the purchases I've made at weak times when restraint seemed to fail me. Thanks for sharing your pics.