Blue cloves-need to die (forever)

reefnjunkie

Well I have no idea what "forum" this belongs because to me they are presently "nuisance" items.

How do you permanently kill off blue clove polyps without hurting chalices/SPS?

I cant imagine Kalk paste, and scraping wont work.

I'm not able to remove the rocks they are on so that's not an option either.

Best guess I can come up with is covering them in Epoxy.

What options does anyone know of????

Thanks

I wish we did have a board for nuisance/pest stuff.

What did you have to do in the end that worked Brad? I have seaform paly's and lots of mushroom's that i need to kill. I have used a kalk paste of 3 parts water and 1 part kalk, let sit on paly's/mushrooms for an hour with no flow to no avail.(recipie came out of RK magazine). I have some sps on these rocks and would not like to have to break them off and boil or flame the rock.

I wish we did have a board for nuisance/pest stuff.

That has been brought up J.R. but the thought was that the forum was already so cluttered with subforums and forums. I would have to agree. With the new upgrade I find I miss a lot more threads.

And knowing Brad, he probably took his ak-47 sniper rifle (don't know if that's a true brand) and blasted them to smithereens (laugh) or took a flame thrower and torched the suckers.

NOW I know why I have gotten PM's about blue cloves-LOL thi sthread was started 4 months ago I think and I have not seen it pop up due to the site being messed up.

What did you have to do in the end that worked Brad? I have seaform paly's and lots of mushroom's that i need to kill. I have used a kalk paste of 3 parts water and 1 part kalk' date=' let sit on paly's/mushrooms for an hour with no flow to no avail.(recipie came out of RK magazine). I have some sps on these rocks and would not like to have to break them off and boil or flame the rock.[/quote']

I never did get rid of them, they continued growing nad growing and I left them. I guess I should be glad becuase with the new tank and this one being tore down, I am cutting them into BIG frags and trading them in at a LFS-some people like this and if I had a softy tank with LPS I'd like them but I am an SPS nut and they have no place, just having ricordeas is "crossing the line"

That has been brought up J.R. but the thought was that the forum was already so cluttered with subforums and forums. I would have to agree. With the new upgrade I find I miss a lot more threads.

And knowing Brad, he probably took his ak-47 sniper rifle (don't know if that's a true brand) and blasted them to smithereens (laugh) or took a flame thrower and torched the suckers.

Ah Kim its ok, neither AK-47 or sniper rifles are brands, they are types and two totally different guns- With the AK-47 you are happy to hit your target at 150 yards and with your sniper rifle you are able to blow somethng apart the size of a grapefruit at 1000 yards (not all of us mind you), well thats just FREAKING awesome, thats over 1/2 a mile-better than a tyree frag (laugh)

Ah Kim its ok' date=' neither AK-47 or sniper rifles are brands, they are types and two totally different guns- With the AK-47 you are happy to hit your target at 150 yards and with your sniper rifle you are able to blow something apart the size of a grapefruit at 1000 yards (not all of us mind you), well thats just FREAKING awesome, thats over 1/2 a mile-better than a tyree frag (laugh)[/quote']

When I was a kid my bro hit a hummingbird in flight at 15 yards with a high powered bb gun. I know, I know a poor little hummingbird, well honestly imagine our surprise when he hit it!!!

LMAO! I didn't mean to turn this into a gun thread.

no worries Kim, I'll mod this myself.

But first, thanks for the info Mick, I ws not aware-I know they are a beast of a workhorse and can some extreme abuse and still fire which is one reason they are so popular in countries military.

As for the Blue clove polyps, they will stay for know becuase they have some value in trade/resale so they live to see another tank.

I remember people paying about 20-25 for a 2" frag, like I said if I had a softy tank or a mixed softy LPS they would stay. There are plenty of corals that I see in peoples tanks that I dont have or would want and I am sure the converse holds true.