sumps

powdertang05

im planning on having a small display and a large frag tank on the same stand so its going to be about 7 foot long im looking for any sumps that will fit in a area of 48 x 16 x 30 area looking for a cheap on if i can i currently have 2 20L drilld and end by end but want something a little better if anyone has one or knows where to get one i would love any help. if you have pics and dem that would be awesome!

what didnt you like about the glass tank? IMO a 40 breeder is a great sump if you have room because its got volume without being overly tall like a 20H. Lots of real estate for a refugium and all the skimmer,pumps, and misc equipment. was it just the looks of the glass sump with the baffles you didnt like? an acrylic tank of same size will cost alot more wont it?

$350??? my god! what size are you looking for? I believe nu 2 reefin or reefgeek had a couple sumps for sale. but for that price why not get the glass tank and use the rest of the money on frags? its hidden in your stand after all. And if you want it drilled you can get a holesaw off ebay for 10 bucks.

the Eshopps website is really old, they havent updated it in a long time so the photos are outdated.

The tops are not white, and they dont make a model that has 2 input tubes.

I carry the RS-75, 100, 200, and 300. From the website you can see the basic layout, but some of the details have changed.

The one at Salt. Fant. is basically split down the middle. In one corner, through area for skimmer, baffles on other corner/end, through back side for Ref./macro, to beginning end. Basically its a rectangle split into six boxes as far as I remember. 2 squared boxes on each end and 2 rectangle sections in the middle/front and back side. I'll bet he's snap a picture for you if you called him...not finding one like it online.

I actually was looking for a while for a decent sump, and ended up just making my own. Perviously i had built one out of a 20g 1ong, and later with a 40 breeder, but wanted more space then a 20g, and the 40 breeders didnt fit, and were more money then i wanted to spend. So i went to TAP plastic on tigard (not meaning ot plug em BUT) and they were awesome. I got all the pieces i needed to make a 36/12/12 in 1/4 inch for 75 bucks, picked up some acrylic cement and applicator for 5 more. Then i bought some scrap pieces to add baffles in, its a buck per pound of scrap pieces. Then finally some scilicone to make sure its all right. Total spent less then a hundred bucks, but i am getting exactly what i wanted. I will post some pics of it tomorrow after i add in the baffles. All in all im pretty happy with it, and the people there were awesome. Just an idea, took me abotu 20 min tonight ot assemble the tank itself.

Tim