Cloak and dagger

Emerald525

Okay this is the post I was working on when someone decided to close the thread. Eric I do think you have potential and you mean well with all the share the loves and donantions for TFT. I simply don't get why all the cloak and dagger stuff?As you can see, I predicted that you would try to do something to cover this up. Please know I have nothing personal against you Ca2OR. I do think you have some great ideas and have contributed a great deal for the club. I just don't like smoke and mirror crap when it comes to selling stuff and the dishonesty. If I am out of line here folks please let me know. I have just grown impatient

This is the original thread that is now closedhttp://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21083

Here is my response that I could not put in because the thread was closed

They were freebie from LA Reefs order. I do believe they sell on ebay....but my "wholesalers" are la reefs' date=' mystic, wwc, wcc, and several others[/quote']

I would think an "addict" would have experienced getting a coral with one name and finding out it is something else.....hence the needing ID....but I take it that has never happened to you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Okay Eric, your continued defensiveness made me even more suspicious and look a little closer. I really do not understand why you have to be this way? I think you contribute a lot to the forum with the share the love and the TFT freebies but then you turn around and do all this "snakeoil salesman" type crap? (huh) No worries Eric(nono) I made your posts into photos so you would not be able to delete this like it never happened.;)(wasnt me)

I'm not upset, but if you are going to insult my intelligence and the forums intelligence and not own up to it. I guess I will spell it out so here goes.

So here is your original post and the date is 8/1/2010

OriginalPost1.jpg

Here is the ebay auction which interesting is from LA reefs who you say is one of your wholesalers and you have also stated that the wholesaler did not know what these were but it says clearly a day before your post that they are sympodium and check out the date 7/31/2010

ebay1.jpg

Here is the ebay bidder history. It;s kind of coincidental that the winning bidder starts with a "c" and ends with an "r" don't you think?(whistle)

Member Id: c***r( 7 ) US $19.50 Jul-31-10 16:01:22 PDT

Member Id: n***i( 25) US $19.00 Jul-31-10 18:45:36 PDT

Yes you are correct I have received things that ended up being something else but if that was the case in this situation I would have said hey I bought these off of ebay and was told they were rare sympodium has anyone seen these and is that what they are? I would not say I got them as a freebie and that you had no idea what they were

I will ask again Eric, what's up with all the cloak and dagger bs?(nutty)

I've been doing really good and staying away from the drama, but I will only say that this isnt the first time he's been called on stuff and probably won't be the last.

But, I was under the impression that if you were selling corals for a profit, you couldn't post in the classified thread, yet he is still operating CA2OR corals, just not as a sponsor on this forum because he doesn't have a business license.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

And Kim, KUDOS!!!!! to you for putting everything together and having the nerve to call BS on him without doing it in the way that I would be doing it :P

I don't have a problem with Eric buying off of ebay or anywhere else and selling a frag or the whole thing here on the board.

Just be upfront about it.

I have and still buy colony's of sps and I make one or two frags to sell off each new colony it helps keep this hobby affordable but again just be honest about your intentions.

Its the posting the hey what is this thread BS that is wrong.

As Kim said its just shady snake oil salesmen crap.

Going to let this go for now. In hopes that it gives Eric a chance to respond.

PLEASE lets not pile on.

If it gets worse it will be closed.

Agreed Michael, let's not make this a flamefest. Eric I have given you opportunity to respond but what you have said just simply has not added up. I could not pm you further, as you do not accept pms.

Please folks be careful with your words as I do not want this thread closed or moved and want to give Ca2OR a chance to respond.

Response was same as before. However I should clarify....LA Reefs is NOT a wholesaler...as stated this was a freebie and was not and is not up for sale...so that would make a horrible sales tactic no? Lastly, as stated I have received several items or corals with a given name only to find out later it was something else....which again is why I asked for clarification. Case and point....those "lemon berries" which turned out to be Eye of Ra.

So again they have NEVER been posted up for sale or trade and are not now so I don't understand the whole "sales tactics" comments.

Response was same as before. However I should clarify....LA Reefs is NOT a wholesaler...as stated this was a freebie and was not and is not up for sale...so that would make a horrible sales tactic no? Lastly, as stated I have received several items or corals with a given name only to find out later it was something else....which again is why I asked for clarification. Case and point....those "lemon berries" which turned out to be Eye of Ra.

So again they have NEVER been posted up for sale or trade and are not now so I don't understand the whole "sales tactics" comments.

Okay Eric, you are reminding me of a politician and skirting the issue and hold true to the premise if I say "it wasn't me" that will leave some doubt in people's mind.

So here are the facts again:

1.You knew that what you posted was sympodium and that it was "rare" although it seems Kendra has a pretty big colony of it. Sympodium was in the title of the picture that you pulled from LA reefs. Sympodium was in the ebay auction title.

2. You have admitted that the picture was a WYSIWYG picture and that you were "given" this very frag as a freebie. You also admitted that you got them from La reefs. The picture I posted on ebay shows the exact same picture. Again as this is a WYSIWYG picture then you must have gotten it from ebay. At least you admitted that LA reefs is not a wholesaler.Again if you have the frag that is in the picture it means you had to have gotten it off ebay.

I cannot comment as to why you pretended to not know the name of the coral and that the "wholesaler"(LA reefs which is not a wholesaler) did not know the name of the coral which is obviously not true. I cannot comment why you even pretended to get it from a wholesaler when you bought it off of ebay. Either that or LA reefs is not being honest with there WYSIWYG pictures which I don't believe at all. All I can say was your original post just seemed odd and did remind me of the old snakeoil salesman where they drum up interest, say it is rare, and then say no it's not up for sale to make people want it more.

Again I don't know 100% why you did this as you refuse to answer my question and admit to anything even though the facts are laid out as plain as day. I agree this was a horrible sales tactic and all of this pretending was not necessary which is why I was asking why all the mystery? (hence cloak and dagger). I also know you will never answer the question as I repeatedly have asked and you try to dance around the question.

I have grown weary of this Ca2OR. I give up. Again I have no personal issue with you.There are too many good, honest, trusting and caring individuals in this forum, that I simply will not tolerate this kind of behavior. If I did have an issue with you personally, I wouldn't have taken your frags to Jody for you. I simply just had gotten a "shady" vibe from your posting which as I have said I have a very low tolerance for in this forum.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Ok...so I guess I am missing the question. I thought the question was why did I start a thread asking what is this if I knew what it was. If that is the question I will answer it again, but it is quite similar to my previous answers.

I made a purchase from LA Reefs for an item or 2 from Ebay (which started all the interest) and then added a couple more from their site....then I added to the order. The dude said he threw in a freebie or 2....one was a zoa and the other was this....yes....he said sympodium....but I have been given corals that were said to be one thing and were either known as another or were simply something else....such as the eye of ra lemon berry, and a "superman" monti that was said to not be repeatedly when someone saw it or I posted pics of it....except Bob...Lowman....he said it was a denae. I also have another one that I got as a pocilipora and later found out it was a digi....anyway....point being I guess what I should have said was "please verify ID" but I didn't because I had a thread on another forum and it is disputed there as sympodium but is thought to be clove or a GSP morph.

Does that answer your question? I again am not and was not selling it, so I was not pulling a tactic....and "rare" was because no matter what the actual ID is said to be the color variation seems to be rare.

I also have another one that I got as a pocilipora and later found out it was a digi....anyway....point being I guess what I should have said was "please verify ID" but I didn't because I had a thread on another forum and it is disputed there as sympodium but is thought to be clove or a GSP morph.

You were referring to this one?

http://nationalcoralregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?1185-Can-some-ID-these&highlight=sympodium

If it is the one on ncra it was posted a day after pnwmas (scratch)

Time to put the shovel down

You were referring to this one?

http://nationalcoralregistry.com/forum/showthread.php?1185-Can-some-ID-these&highlight=sympodium

If it is the one on ncra it was posted a day after pnwmas (scratch)

Well isn't that interesting..(scratch) That post and picture look so familiar(whistle)

I love that dates and times are always entered into the posts(clap) because the post you referenced here Grassi is posted about an hour after this one from Eric:

Re: Can someone tell me what this is?

Just got off the phone with my vendor and he says they are Sympodium?

Eric my advice as you continue to dig a deeper hole DOH!is to keep quiet and put the shovel down.(whistle)

I would also like to submit to the Webster's dictionary that to be called on one's bs be forever known as "sympodiumed'(laugh)

Yes that's one thread...you know...where I say where it came from, what the dude said on the phone, how it was a "rare" color variation....then got things like

Its clove

Its lephastria

Its cluvaria

Its "def not sympodium"

Def. not sympodium. Color is similar' date=' but polyp structure is def. different.[/quote']

Wonder why I would be seeking ID.....it is comments like this and the above listed....clove, cluvaria, gsp, and so on that make me seek ID.

What exactly is your point? Was I told sympodium right away? Yes. Has that been challenged since? Yes. Was it challenged right after me posting what it was? Yes.

Now run along and pull the RC thread that was started 4 days before PNW's....goes the same.....except there is more people saying it is def not sympodium.

looks like cloves.

leptastrea?

It's super sweet' date=' that's what it is. I'm thinking cloves too. Base doesn't look like a pipe organ.[/quote']

and these are AFTER I posted what it was....

my opinion is clavularia

Def. not sympodium. Color is similar' date=' but polyp structure is def. different.[/quote']

I agree that is not a sympodium.

Brent- you are funny with the clavularia sp. I think its a CLOVE, too ! less letters to type. lol

Might be a christmas clove if you are in the marketing game.

now I don't know about you.....but that seems to challenge the ID I was provided and posted.(scratch).....well unless "def not" means obviously it is.

I again dont know what your point is, but I didn't do anything wrong.....all I did was try to verify ID.....and still don't feel confident that it is sympodium being that there are post after post of people saying "definately not".

Final exam

Okay Ca2OR this is the last post I'm going to say on the matter. For those not following along closely.

This post is in response to your original thread:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21083

1.You said the picture you posted was a freebie. (Not true the winning bid was 19.50)

2.You said you got it with your last shipment and was told it was a rare color variation. (I doubt you actually had received it yet as the date of the bid was the evening before you posted and you used the picture from ebay)-not true you knew it was called sympodium as it was stated in the ebay picture and the picture you loaded in your photobucket.

3.You later said you got this from your wholesaler. Not true. You got this from LA reefs and this was a WYSIWYG picture and you yourself admitted that LA reefs was not a wholesaler.

I have no problems with you buying on ebay I do it all the time. I don't even care if you like to pretend you have all these "contacts" in the saltwater hobby. My problem is you posted this picture pretended you had no clue other than it was a rare color variation when it clearly states "Super Rare Blue and Green Sympodium WYSIWYG" on the ebay post.

This would have been useful information to post don't you think for the people who saw your post and were genuinely trying to help you? This did not sit right with me at all. Several people chimed in to help you out when you knew all along what it likely was. The fact that you wanted to make sure it was sympodium does not hold water because you purposely left out some useful information. I felt like you were "playing" the good folks who were honestly trying to help you identify this frag and again I have no tolerance for that at all.

I say purposely l because it appears you put the exact same post up on another site http://nationalcoralregistry.com/for...ight=sympodium and again left out useful information after you had posted here that you heard it was sympodium.

I can only speculate why you did this as you dodge the question. I will make it crystal clear and be as subtle as a freight train:

Why start this thread and pretend you got it from a wholesaler, pretend it was a freebie, pretend you only knew it was a rare color variation? And why do this on another site when you obviously had an idea of what it might be?

Is it possible in a short sentence or two can someone/anyone point out exactly "what" the point of this thread is-I don’t see the purpose, maybe something is missing.

Nothing for sale so the snake oil salesman thing I miss.

Has ANYONE ever bought something from CA2OR and walked away felling like they were mislead or got a bad deal?

I don’t see anywhere where there was copyright/photoright violation (referring to Roy's reply) "We" use others photos all the time.

Anyway since I did not go digging up 'old threads' maybe there was something being sold but I don’t think so-so what gives.

Looks like he asked for an ID and as stated should have titled it "please verify ID".

Ask yourself;

Who was harmed

Where there lives lost

Will this add to global warming

Do I care (of course or I would not be wasting my time)

Should I care (yea because this place is being degraded)

Will others care(of course, please read grade school reference below)

Oh, the light just went on;

That’s it right there...."will others care" of course because the forum is filled with this BS lately, actually for the last 3-4 months-It’s the Aqua-Drama club we (no, ya’ll) need a specialized sub forum.

Coming from me that may knock some off there chair but its getting old and I can see why most of those I talk to outside of the forum (who are members/sponsors) say this site is going down the ****ter-some say it has never climbed out of the ****ter

Its a forum revolving around reefing-not a popularity club, although it sure reminds me of grade school and some need a nap or time out or a good spanking. Just a bunch of “clicks”

Get back to reefing or change the name from PNWMAS to PMS-its seems fitting

Just a bunch bull****-who really gives a ****-

Sincerely,

Brad

• Like 1

I don't see why it matters any ways and I got a few frags from him and every thing was good he is always giving his stuff to share the love that I started and he even keeps his prices low so why all the bashing ? I'm lost please explane he seems like a good guy in my book

I guess all the quoting of people challenging after I posted name helps your "already knew" arguement.....so....still don't know as many are adement about it NOT being what it is said to be. I too am done with this witch hunt. And being that out of the 42 posts on the RC thread for this exact same issue 25 of those posts say definately not sympodium....and I am going assume that the provided idenntification is not accurate. ->I appreciate the clouding of the issue though

Wow, what a waste of bandwidth. Why is this in the vendor section when nothing was sold or bought?

I guess we need our weekly drama.

It's all about the drama....TMO...the only reason I even indulged in this was the "sales tactics" comments.....even though nothing was for sale.