Heteractis crispa Anemone

Jay

I hate to sell it but I have to let her go. (sad)

I have seen this pig expand to 24 inches across and 3/4 to the top of my tank.

I have had this anemone for many years. Started in my 55 gallon and just grew. I actually have to back off feeding her because she will take up my whole tank Im afraid. I honestly think this anemone could eat a dead fish that is 12 inches across. I feed it up to 5 large silversides at a time....although I would not recomend this all the time but when quests at my house are intrested I will sometimes put in many silversides so my quests can watch my 2 clown fish bring them to the anemones mouth while the anemone eats one after the other. Its pretty cool to watch and has brought me many years of enjoyment.

I am going to ask 150 for the anemone. Seems like alot but out of the 8 years in the hobby I have yet to see a nicer anemone. This is also what some has recommended I sell her for. I have never seen one this big in person of any species in any shop around here. She is just a beast and has been the focal point of my tank. Everyone who has seen her always says oh my god...that thing is huge.

I would recommend buying the 2 very healthy clarki clown-fish that are absolutely in love with the anemone. They bring it food from around the tank and sleep/rub all over it. Generally just make over it like its their security blanket. I am asking 35 for the pair of clowns....

Message me

attachment.php?attachmentid=8694&stc=1&d=1281544782

attachment.php?attachmentid=8695&stc=1&d=1281544782

attachment.php?attachmentid=8696&stc=1&d=1281544782

attachment.php?attachmentid=8697&stc=1&d=1281544782

post-199-141867783526_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867783529_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867783532_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867783536_thumb.jpg

Your 100 gallon tank would be fine. Is it 48 inch? Those pictures are from when I had it in my old 55 gallon. Its in a 120 now. As long as your tank is healthy and you have a nice spot on your sand for her to dig a hole and plant her foot it would be fine. I kept her in a 55 gallon for about a year before I moved and got my 120 and consolidated my 2 55 gallon tanks.

Jay

It was even fine under 4 vho bulbs....not even halides

OK....its now 100 bucks....someone wants her

SOLD!!!!

Thanks Robert (reefit) Its going into his new 500 gallon tank along with my clownfish....he also bought a bunch of coral and red rose anemone....thanks.

My tank is almost empty now. I need to look at listing the hardware soon.

Sumps pumps reactors all going on the block for sale soon...