Anyone watch the deadliest catch?

Emerald525

Its amazing he made as long as he did, cigs and redbull and not much else arent good for you.

I followed the show religiously until this season. last season got way to dramatic, started becoming more about the drama than the crabbing.

From a medical standpoint it was going to happen when he didn't quit smoking and didn't change his lifestyle after his pulmonary embolism that almost killed him. You don't want to smoke, have high blood pressure, and sit in one place for hours at a time when you've already had an issue. It's truly amazing that smoking is legal when it kills so many.

RIP Captain Phil

Its amazing he made as long as he did, cigs and redbull and not much else arent good for you.

I followed the show religiously until this season. last season got way to dramatic, started becoming more about the drama than the crabbing.

Kinda sounds like this forum sometimes!(laugh)

From a medical standpoint it was going to happen when he didn't quit smoking and didn't change his lifestyle after his pulmonary embolism that almost killed him. You don't want to smoke, have high blood pressure, and sit in one place for hours at a time when you've already had an issue. It's truly amazing that smoking is legal when it kills so many.

RIP Captain Phil

It's called addiction for a reason. I think something we can all relate too!;) You are correct he was a walking time bomb and likely if he had survived would have gone right back to his bad habits. Still so young to die.

(sad)(sad)(sad)RIP Phil, you will be missed. Deadliest catch will not be the same with out you!!(sad)(sad)(sad)

I will eat crab in your memory this summer!! Fresh from Pike street market!!!

Yes, I will be the crazy one walking up Pike street cracking crab legs with my teeth and eating it as I walk around Downtown Seattle!

My buddy works for a company that had a boat on the show...He said they kept asking the captains to drive to remote places and tried to get them to go out in dangerous weather and such. Also he said that they REALLY overplayed the whole greenhorn thing.

And a powerful addiction it is too. Isn't it interesting that we have to have a license to dispense addictive drugs' date=' but we don't for cigarettes? They're more addictive than most drugs I prescribe that are controlled substances.[/quote']

It's all about money.

My buddy works for a company that had a boat on the show...He said they kept asking the captains to drive to remote places and tried to get them to go out in dangerous weather and such. Also he said that they REALLY overplayed the whole greenhorn thing.

Yeah, "reality tv" would be pretty boring if they didn't stage a lot of things. They do that on every reality show.

I have been watching the show for a few years, (might even be from the start).

Sad to see Phil pass. Amazing how the whole fleet is like one big family and how they all came to the kids aid.

PS- I still like the show. Not too much drama for me.

Wonder if Edgar returns to the NorthWestern next season?

I got to meet Phil twice last year. He was marketing his "Deadliest Brew" coffee and our chain ( Ray's Food Place) was the first chain to pick it up. He came around and did autograph signings in some of our stores. At the store I manage in Albany, we had about 800 people show up for a 3 hour signing. He got through about 400 people and we thought there was going to be a lot of upset people. His team decided to rent out a local theater to watch an episode of "The Deadliest Catch" and do little Q&A afterwards. That was able to make another 350 people very happy. He was a great guy. I also got to meet Josh. He's a character. I have a picture with him somewhere. I will have to dig it up.

Jay

I got to meet Phil twice last year. He was marketing his "Deadliest Brew" coffee and our chain ( Ray's Food Place) was the first chain to pick it up. He came around and did autograph signings in some of our stores. At the store I manage in Albany, we had about 800 people show up for a 3 hour signing. He got through about 400 people and we thought there was going to be a lot of upset people. His team decided to rent out a local theater to watch an episode of "The Deadliest Catch" and do little Q&A afterwards. That was able to make another 350 people very happy. He was a great guy. I also got to meet Josh. He's a character. I have a picture with him somewhere. I will have to dig it up.

Jay

Wow that's so cool Jay! I'm jealous.

I'm sorry' date=' but on the smoking issue, if I want to smoke, that is MY right, it's MY body, the government can go right straight to hell for trying to tell me what I can't do to MY body.[/quote']

Ah Mick... let's not go off topicDOH!. This is in memory of Captain Phil. :D The whole smoking debate would take several more drama filled pages and I don't like drama....(whistle)

I'm sorry' date=' but on the smoking issue, if I want to smoke, that is MY right, it's MY body, the government can go right straight to hell for trying to tell me what I can't do to MY body.[/quote']

Yes, Mick, we have a designated thread just for drama. Please take your smoking concerns there. Thanks for your cooperation. :D

Yes' date=' Mick, we have a designated thread just for drama. Please take your smoking concerns there. Thanks for your cooperation. :D[/quote']

(laugh) That's right! Great idea!(clap) Okay Mick I am referring you to said enteraining thread:

Insert drama here:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?p=196754#post196754

And now....(backtotopic)

RIP Phill Harris! Will miss seeing you follow those "crab farts"