New and improved 75 gallon tank!

NoobtoSalt

Ok so here are some pictures from the past couple of days. It's still not completely done but it is currently clearing up from the sand and I should be able to rock scape tomorrow.

Thanks again to Reefit, The Nano Reef, and Impur for making this happen.

Reefit built my sump and hooked me up with the tank and stand and all the fixin's to get it going. Impur and I swaped skimmers, and Ryan at the Nano Reef made that happen for me.

Thanks alot you guys!

Painting the back of the tank in the garage

IMG00218-20100711-0911.jpg

Stand that I can actually have a sump in!

IMG00219-20100711-0911.jpg

Side by side view

IMG00220-20100711-1154.jpg

Look at the difference I'm getting in depth.

IMG00221-20100711-1155.jpg

One last picture of the old tank setup.

IMG00222-20100711-1155.jpg

Holding tank for my corals, Most are pretty pissed right now but they will cheer up once they join the tank.

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

New Tank pictures. Once it clears up of course there will be better pictures.

IMG_1063.jpg

Sump. Skimmer will be installed in the next few days.

IMG_1064.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build thread Jesse! I guess you were busy this weekend!(clap) You're going to love the wider tank! More room for corals!(rock2)

I spent the majority of the day yesterday with Reefit. We went to Seahorse, Fantaseas, and NanoReef. plus we were at his place for quite some time. today I went to go get my skimmer, and started to set this bad boy up.

This is why my work should never give me three days off in a row...(laugh)

I'm looking forward to being able to rockscape the tank and not just have a rock wall. The other tank was fine but I walked into this deal and I couldn't pass it up.

Will have some live rock rubble and small/med pieces plus my old tank for sale in the next couple of days.

No new corals for me for at least a month, other than the share the love I won today. Saving up for lights and I think I'm going to get a scolly. I might even be chopping up my large chalice and selling off some frags soon.

its alive! man its amazing how different 2 tanks of the same size can be. having the sump is so much better to, and when we throw that octopus on there its going to kick way more butt than that little pico skimmer you had on there. just being able to switch out to filter socks is a big step up in your filtration. did you test your sump levels? how much water goes back in?

Here is a picture that I just took of the tank. Cleared up really nice. Will move the rocks around a little more but I think I'm going to run with less rock in this tank than what I had in the other. And so far everything made the move just fine. I'm sure I will need some more hermits and snails but other than that everything made it.

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

sweet i like the new layout. cool bridge and a really nice sand bed setup. your making me jealous' date=' now i want to tear my 55 down. LMAO....no no i don't[/quote']

I just think you need to get the other 120 up...

I've noticed that my fish are out quite a bit more today as well. Not hiding like they always did in the old 75. I'm guessing it's because they have less hiding spots but either way I'm liking this!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I've lost so far are some snails and hermits. Guess that just means I have to go get some more....Glad it was the little things that died versus some of my corals and fish. I have never seen my trigger out and about like it has been today.

This was the best possible transfer I could have ever expected.

Nice!!! Yes you will love the extra depth! Only thing I am going to point out is the ballasts next to the sump, may cause a heat issue, easy fix may be just a cheep clamp on fan pulling the hot air out of the stand. Good job though it looks great!!

Nice!!! Yes you will love the extra depth! Only thing I am going to point out is the ballasts next to the sump' date=' may cause a heat issue, easy fix may be just a cheep clamp on fan pulling the hot air out of the stand. Good job though it looks great!![/quote']

Yeah for now it's just temporary. My house stays pretty close to 70 even on the really hot days so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm still working on getting this skimmer to work. doesn't seem to want to bubble much.

Looks so much better then the old tank. But you said a bad thing there "less rock". Now just where are you going to put all the new corals your going to get soon? On the sand???

Looks good though

More sand bed means more corals right??? That's the plan at least. My next purchase will probably be at the meeting. I'm going to hold off till then and let the wife cool down a little.

But the tank looks much better than the last setup.

Here's some pictures of the corals in my tank

Armor of Gods

IMG_1076.jpg

This guy was a jerk today.. It stung my lord acans. I sure hope they pull through.

IMG_1075.jpg

Lord Acan's. They still look like that have some life but who knows.

IMG_1072.jpg

Candy Apples from the TECO grow out. Will post in TECO grow out as well.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg