New and improved 75 gallon tank!

NoobtoSalt

sorry to hear about the loss' date=' keep an eye on things, could be a sign of velvet.[/quote']

He's been super healthy. Eats everytime was super fat (you saw him just a few weeks ago). Just sucks to loose an amazing fish that had a lot going for it. What signs do I need to look out for with Velvet? Is it similar in the way of ich the way it starts? When I got the fish out of the tank it didn't have any abnormal growths on it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a nasty bug, it can attack their gills suffocating them. Some fish show external film on body but sometimes there are no signs, they just die and usually pretty fast. When i had it, i lost 5 fish in about 2-3 days once they started going it was quick. i threw the uv on the tank and it killed it pretty quickly.

its a nasty bug' date=' it can attack their gills suffocating them. Some fish show external film on body but sometimes there are no signs, they just die and usually pretty fast. When i had it, i lost 5 fish in about 2-3 days once they started going it was quick. i threw the uv on the tank and it killed it pretty quickly.[/quote']

Crap... I don't have a uv filter. I guess I will finally look into getting one.

Oh yeah and my old saying still stands......STUPID TANGS!!!!!!!!

This is why I never wanted to get another one. This tank cost a fraction of what that trigger did.

Crap... I don't have a uv filter. I guess I will finally look into getting one.

Oh yeah and my old saying still stands......STUPID TANGS!!!!!!!!

This is why I never wanted to get another one. This tank cost a fraction of what that trigger did.

well i'm not sayin that was the cause, it just was in my case. thought i'd at least remind you to keep your guard up cause a fish dieing usually has some kind of cause behind it you would think.

well i'm not sayin that was the cause' date=' it just was in my case. thought i'd at least remind you to keep your guard up cause a fish dieing usually has some kind of cause behind it you would think.[/quote']

Well keep your fingers crossed. I have quite a few other fish in the tank. I just fed them and they all sucked the food right down like usual. I guess It's a waiting game.

if you didn't feed to heavy it wouldn't hurt. otherwise i wouldn't sweat it. its only a preventative measure to help beef up their immune system. The new food i made has more vitamins in it this time. i made sure i put lots of vitamin C in there.

Thanks buddy. I will add a bit more food tonight.

Fed the tank tonight again with garlic. Everyone seems super healthy and happy like always. I will continue to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. I wonder if it had something internal wrong with it? Who knows.

Here is an updated pic of the Naso. It's started to color up and look happy in the tank since I got it last week.

IMG_1809.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of new pieces but these are just a few pictures of what I added to the tank today from Andy. I also picked up my order from OIAB today but didn't get any pictures of them before my lights went out. I stole these pictures from Andy's for sale thread for the time being but I will get some pictures of all of them in my tank in the next few days. All are open and happy! Thanks again.

Micromussa

11.jpg

Echinata

22.jpg

Lord Acans

33.jpg

44.jpg

Ok, not sure how that clam picture keeps poping up but here are some new additions over the past week.

Acan Alley (Don't mind the cyano still working on getting it completely gone)

2010-12-16161647.jpg

Unknown Favia from OIAB

2010-12-16161655.jpg

BC Fireball Chalice from Mytshall

2010-12-16161727.jpg

Watermelon Chalice from Beth and Kim

2010-12-16161738.jpg

Micromussa from Andy

2010-12-16161801.jpg

Lord Acans from Andy

2010-12-16161810.jpg

Acan Echinata (I know I spelled it wrong) from Andy

2010-12-16161819.jpg

Unkown little frag from Andy (center of the picture purple with green polyps)

2010-12-16161830.jpg

PPE from Mytshall

2010-12-16161857.jpg

Lunar Frag from Topher as well as Idaho Grape from Reefnjunkie

2010-12-16161906.jpg

Pinwheels from Topher

2010-12-16161927.jpg