New and improved 75 gallon tank!

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TECO Grow out and a few extra frags I have sitting in the back.

I think I'm going to slow down this month and regroup. I've gotten quite a few new pieces and I'm just going to let them do their thing for awhile before I add anything else.

IMG_1334.jpg

My little acan in the back on the rack as well. Going to look good when it grows up.

IMG_1337.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How is the light? Does it penetrate enough or did you lose any light intensity? Was was the cost on something like that i may make one for the 40b.

Light seems fine through it. I used the aluminum screen material instead of the regular material just for looks. All in all I think it was a little less than 25 bucks and I have quite a bit left over. If you give me your measurements for your 40b I can see if I have enough left over and you can throw me a frag or something.

Ok so here's some updates from a new piece I got from OIAB last weekend. I will get some pics of the piece I have left from Westside when my tank parameters are better. Right now my purple milli is being housed at Reefits.

Orange Digi from OIAB. Sorry it's a cell phone shot. When I get my new phone I will take better pictures of it.

IMG00283-20100909-1330.jpg

Not new but wanted to show it off. Bubble coral

IMG00286-20100909-1330.jpg

This is a picture from the Mystery Chalice I got from Kim and Beth in June. Look at the later pictures to see the coloring up progress!! It is now purple with green mouths. Took three months but it was worth seeing the progression of it.

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG00284-20100909-1330.jpg

IMG00282-20100909-1329.jpg

Well I've been bored today since I couldn't leave the house and found some old pictures of corals and took some updated ones tonight to show the difference.

Before Pink Chalice from Beth and Kim

IMG_0896.jpg

And after picture

IMG00298-20100909-1840.jpg

Chalice Colony from OIAB Before

IMG_0711.jpg

And after

IMG00299-20100909-1840.jpg

And just a few extras I took

I love this shrimp!

IMG00303-20100909-1842.jpg

And the leather I picked up from Steve (Saltfinsax) quite awhile ago now

IMG00302-20100909-1841.jpg

Armageddons in the front, and some sort of a Red PE from Aloha Corals in the back.

IMG_1489.jpg

Got these from Beth and Kim awhile back. Not sure what they are but they look cool!

IMG_1471.jpg

Fake Red Ring things from Eric. I never remember names of these things...lol

IMG_1469.jpg

Armor of Gods

IMG_1468.jpg

Acans on top growing good. Unknown SPS from Westside. It was brown when I got it and it's starting to color up. One of the few pieces of SPS that are still alive in the tank.

IMG_1483.jpg

Jesse' date=' looks like you might have the start of an algae bloom what with those air bubbles showing up.[/quote']

Yeah. I'm doing some tank maintence tomorrow for sure. Between the big swing up in Calcium and Mag and the Red Slime I'm just running into all sorts of issues. I need more clean up crew but I'm worried that they won't make it with my tank parameters.