How do I sell all of this stuff??

Jay

Well I have been debating this some time. I am thinking I will be selling everything and leaving the hobby for good. Should I sell it all livestock included all at once and be done with it or should I sell the livestock seperatly then sell the tank stand and hood with lights then piece out the rest. Which way would help me recoup some of my moneys spent? I know I am never going to get even half and I'm prepared for that. I'm sure I would sell the coral colonies and anemones and fish separate.

Whats a fair price for these things as a complete package?

120 gallon walk around tank with center overflow

Natural oak finnish stand and hood.

The hood has ARO electronic ballasts mounted in it and has fans to cool it all

2 250 watt metal halide 14000 K bulbs

2 110 watt VHO with URI super actinic bulbs ( almost new )

sump with filter sock ( typical 3 chamber sump of 40 gallons Im guessing).

External return pump ( Big Blue genex I think )

Knopp C Calcium Reactor with full container of ARM media and another of Koralith

Auto topoff

2 little fishes phosphate reactor with pump

2 maxijet powerheads with mods and magnet mounts

2 seio powerheads with the magnet mounts

The stand and hood are in good condition. The tank has the typical light scratches from use.

Someone make me a serious offer or help me decide how to sell this all fairly quick. I have thousands invested and only want like 3 thousand for it....just kidding...hehe

Jay

Oh yea.....then there is the livestock. I have a unique anemone that is 24 inches across. This sucker is huge and very very happy. I have had her for years and if I feed her she just keeps getting bigger and bigger. So I only feed her once a week but the clown fish take care of her and bring her chunks of mysis and whatever else I feed the tank.

Here are some pictures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8414&stc=1&d=1278511740

attachment.php?attachmentid=8415&stc=1&d=1278511740

attachment.php?attachmentid=8416&stc=1&d=1278511740

attachment.php?attachmentid=8417&stc=1&d=1278511740

attachment.php?attachmentid=8418&stc=1&d=1278511740

post-199-141867782822_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867782825_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867782828_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867782831_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867782834_thumb.jpg

Iv'e sold a few tanks over the years, and it seems to be easier to sell them parted out. And it seems to bring more money too.:D

That being said, I'd love a list of your SPS corals:D

Awesome tank BTW. If I was in a better financial position, I'd be making an offer right now!

B

More pics of my anemone. Ive had her for years and she is very hardy. The clowns feed her silversides and she scarfs them up. I have fed her 8 large silversides in one session when I had a bunch of people at my house watching the clowns feed her. When she sells the 2 clowns will come with her as I think they kinda need each other.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8424&stc=1&d=1278512857

attachment.php?attachmentid=8425&stc=1&d=1278512972

attachment.php?attachmentid=8426&stc=1&d=1278512972

attachment.php?attachmentid=8427&stc=1&d=1278512972

I dont know what to charge for this one either. I know I have never seen a anemone anywhere in any shop that was as large as this one is. Weather that makes it worth more is matter of opinion. Its just not one you see everyday.

Jay

post-199-141867755977_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867755981_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867755983_thumb.jpg

post-199-141867755987_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous tank Jay!(clap) You will definitely get more money if you part it out having done this with my nano. I sold most of the corals inside and then was able to lower the price on the tank setup.

The only problem is you have to deal with fish flakes and set up times to be available but I guarantee if you even think about parting it out you will get a million pms about

"I want this... I want that..."

Speaking of I will take the ...(scratch)

Just kidding I am cut off for a month!:D

I'd sell the livestock, clean up the tank and put it in the back of the garage and forget about it for a year or so. If, at that point you still want to get rid of it sell all the gear. Who knows, you might decide you really miss it and it'd be a shame to take a bath on all that nice gear... It's not like it'll depreciate any more.

Man.....this is really hard. I am on the fence really bad on this. Everyone who sent me a pm just chill and let me see if I can find a way to not have to sell everything. Financial issues are what is driveing me to sell...so if I can swing it I wont be selling it. Let me see what I can do....I have another hobby to start selling things from ( RC Nitro Planes ). Im gonna craigslist a plane and see if I can make the bills....so at this point sale is on hold but I have some intresting offers to think about and will try and recover financially in other ways.

Man.....this is really hard. I am on the fence really bad on this. Everyone who sent me a pm just chill and let me see if I can find a way to not have to sell everything. Financial issues are what is driveing me to sell...so if I can swing it I wont be selling it. Let me see what I can do....I have another hobby to start selling things from ( RC Nitro Planes ). Im gonna craigslist a plane and see if I can make the bills....so at this point sale is on hold but I have some intresting offers to think about and will try and recover financially in other ways.

I hope you can keep it all Jay. It's a nice tank. I like Andy's idea of worse case scenario, you sell all the livestock but keep the tank and hold on to it. Maybe you can sell a few of the corals and things.

It is an expensive hobby.

Ok...I see a tank just listed in the classifieds for a nice price....I dont feel bad about asking $1000 for my complete system livestock included now. Cash only and I cannot help deliver it. I can help break it down though. I have no idea the total I have invested..I dont even want to think about it. Much much more then this. I spent over 1500 for just the tank, stand, hood, lights, and sump with pump. Ive upgraded the skimmer to a bigger one I think its a PCI 2000....plus a calcium reactor. Not to mention all the powerheads and livestock.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8459&stc=1&d=1278800699

post-199-141867756011_thumb.jpg