tank sorrow

talkalot82

So last night I got home and my camel shrimp I have had for two years died, and two weeks prior to this my three year old emerald crab also died. In the same tank..

In my 20 long tank last night I notice my rose bubble tip I have had for a year decided to wonder around my tank for the first time. this morning when the light came on I couldn't find him. so I took apart the tank and no anemone. so then I next I looked in my eheim filter thinking he might have gotten sucked up. no anemone there. I was just about to give up when I noticed my aqua clear 20 wasn't running. I only use it for my surface drain. i don't even have the bottom part running, but the intake didn't have my anemone either, but it still wasn't running so I took it apart. and at the bottom of the filter media was my very chopped up rbta.. Im so sad. He was just perfect... and my maroon clown is so sad.. now I need a new one that is small. good luck to me I guess...(sad)

So good new my dads rbta just split today so he gave me his new one. he only wants two in his tank and so he gave me it. must be a rbta omen... that I should always have one. I did cover my surface drain intake with this cover i sewed from filter floss and then rubber band it. here's a pic of my new anenome and the filter cover. well what you can see of the cover behind some of the rocks[ATTACH]8023[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8024[/ATTACH]

also here is my new sally light foot I got to take the place of my beloved shrimp and full pic of that tank this one is just my fifteen long tank.[ATTACH][ATTACH]8026[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

keep an eye on your sally, i have 3 of them and they can get a bit aggressive towards even large fish. I've seen mine get up on rocks and jump off as fish swim under. I target feed mine once a week to keep their aggression down.

i have yet to have any problems with sallys being agressive. yet that is, though I did have a sally that ate polyps... boy did that suck. but i do feed alot of algae so maybe he wont feel the need to go after my nemos. I know he wont go after my mandrin unless he has a death wish...

i have yet to have any problems with sallys being agressive. yet that is' date=' though I did have a sally that ate polyps... boy did that suck. but i do feed alot of algae so maybe he wont feel the need to go after my nemos. I know he wont go after my mandrin unless he has a death wish...[/quote']

Yea, i have one out of the three that seems to be overly aggressive. Theres not much you can do about it once they are in a tank, its almost darn near impossible to catch them. I was able to catch one once by getting it used to target feeding, then i fed with just the blue actinic on and i pinned it down with my finger.

sounds like a pain... though I do try to find male sally light foots and small ones. someone once told me they are suppose to be less aggressive than the females. I guess that is true in most species. I know I can be fairly harsh sometimes, at least a few days a month..