Can someone please ID this...they are popping up in random places of my tank

CA2OR

These things are popping up in random places in my tank. I have only owned clove polyps once over a year and a half ago and they didn't make it. I have been through 3 tanks since then. These are popping up in random places all in the shade. They have a teal body and some have orange others have pink "arms" or "fingers" or whatever

5-13-103-1.jpg

My vote is that the clove polyp you had melt down left little bits of tissue that traveled around the tank and are now attaching and starting to grow. If they don't like being blasted by the bright lights they will start of most in the shade and grow towards the light.

In the new tank are you still having the nitrate problem that you had in your small tank? If not, then the improved water conditions could be the reason for the sudden new growth.

dsoz

My vote is that the clove polyp you had melt down left little bits of tissue that traveled around the tank and are now attaching and starting to grow. If they don't like being blasted by the bright lights they will start of most in the shade and grow towards the light.

In the new tank are you still having the nitrate problem that you had in your small tank? If not, then the improved water conditions could be the reason for the sudden new growth.

dsoz

I agree with Dennis

Well here is my only concern about it being Cloves....

A) I haven't had cloves in over a year and where these are is not anywhere close to where they were.

B) they are growing fast....there are now 4 where that one was that I posted the pic of.

C) mojano's are NOT affecting these at all....in fact they are growing in my "mojano den" if you saw my tank you would understand....I don't take many pic's of that area

I guess I need to learn how to count "only" concern's (scratch) as my "only one" seems more like 3DOH!.