True Montipora Undata

reefnjunkie

I moved 2/3rds of my tank around a few weeks ago and when doing so inadvertently "fragged" my true montipora undata-(flame)

The first pic is where it came from and the ones after are the ones I am selling-

Better pics available (for serious inquiries only)

"mother" I guess you could call it-(laugh) Not for sale

P1100994.jpg

10.00 frag (about 1/2") SOLD-again-LOL

P1100996.jpg

20.00 frag (about 1") Sold -Reefit

P1100995.jpg

20.00 frag (about 1") Sold-Kendaroo

P1100997.jpg

That looks familiar

Yes it should-I has came along quite nice dont you think? I was going to plug you and Brandon-LOL did you guys say it was a Tyree one?

Interested in 'trading' for a frag of Chilli Pepper Monti.? (thumbnail size'ish)

LMK

I could be interested, could you shoot me a pic 1st?

Hey Michael, is the chili a plating coral or encrusting? I cant do anymore plates-I'll be in trouble soon enough with what I have-DOH!

If it is an encrusting I'm down for the trade-

Nice mothers guys (chili pepper and undata)! Brad another stupid question... what's the difference between an encrusting and plating coral?(scratch)

Thread hijack alert!(laugh)

(backtotopic)

what's the difference between an encrusting and plating coral?(scratch)

Encrusting grow over the rock, but do not leave it. Eventually the whole rock is covered (if you are lucky).

Plating montipora will leave the rock and form either fingers (digitata) or fan-shaped plates (capricornus)... That is a gross simplification, and there are several more species of montipora out there, but that is the general idea.

I wish that I did not just drop more than my monthly allowance at the fish store on Monday. I have wanted an undata for a while, but have not had the coin for one. This is a great deal on a nice monti!

dsoz

• Like 1

i'll take a frag. whichever one u wanna sell me.

thx

Your call. I got the 2 left.

They are a slow grower in a sense, so I would take the 20.00 dollar one because its twice as big and really a better deal-IMO

I'm calling it a night so I'll check tomorrow for updates/replies

Hey Michael, is the chili a plating coral or encrusting? I cant do anymore plates-I'll be in trouble soon enough with what I have-DOH!

If it is an encrusting I'm down for the trade-

I would call it more of a 'plating' version.

It encrusts in spots but also plates over some other areas.

Thanks for the reply.

Put me down for the $20 frag then. :)

Cool I will PM you with PayPal info-Thanks

I would call it more of a 'plating' version.

It encrusts in spots but also plates over some other areas.

Thanks for the reply.

It looked like it was more a plate but I have read that they are encrusting-I have to pass-I only have room for things to grow upwards and over things -not 'out"-LOL

Problems one has with a stocked tank-(flame)

I keep trying to break the wife down so I can put a 180 in the L/R, nobody uses that room anyway-(nutty)

Cool I will PM you with PayPal info-Thanks

It looked like it was more a plate but I have read that they are encrusting-I have to pass-I only have room for things to grow upwards and over things -not 'out"-LOL

Problems one has with a stocked tank-(flame)

I keep trying to break the wife down so I can put a 180 in the L/R, nobody uses that room anyway-(nutty)

Just tell her that if you put one in there, people will use it again LOL