Spaghetti Finger Leather

Jules

I have looked into this coral a little, the white color in particular and wanted some input on how well it does. Not looking to get any atm but want to someday. Weighing the pros and cons of it and want to hear from anyone who has it or had it in the past and it's characteristics in various environments. The more input the better. Thanks. :)

Like most leather corals, it will probably tend to excrete toxins into the tank. Nothing to worry about, and nothing a little carbon won't take care of easily.

If it is anything like the "brown" spaghetti leather that I have, it will become a pain because it grows so big that it takes over. Constant pruning is required. Either sell/give the frags away or take them to the LFS for a little bit of credit.

Not a bad coral to set your sights on.

dsoz

Upscales still has a piece, Travis told me they rarly survive the trip to him. These look to be OK, the one still there is alot fuller than mine but in time it should fill out. I've had devils hand shrink up and stay that way for months then come out looking better than ever. This is growing just fine but doesnt have the long polyps yet, time will tell

leather2.jpg

I run a little bit of carbon all the time (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup in nylon in my hob) so that is no problem there.

LOL Don't temp me Smann...I really should wait till my Sinularias gets settled. I love the white ones for sure, it's a nice contrast and looks good too. :D

I've had my devils hand for a little over a week and it still hasn't opened up. I've been worried about it, so seeing that you've had the same issue I feel a little more at ease. I saw it fully open when I got it so I'm not worried about that but it's sad to see that it could take a long time before it says "hi" in my tank.....

I've had devils hand shrink up and stay that way for months then come out looking better than ever. This is growing just fine but doesnt have the long polyps yet, time will tell

I have one and it has fazes where its out and great then small for a few days. It got stung once by another coral but a branch survives and I moved it took a couplle weeks then it was back out. Mine hasn't growns to fast. my tank is tiny a really full right now and I have no proble with it. I also Have a 90 gallon eheim on the tank and a aqua clear 50 on the tank running a surface drain so I gues I have the filteration for it. being a fifteen gallon and all. but I think its just beautiful in my tank. I think its easy to keep. just cut off a branch every once in a while and giv it to some one...

I have one and it has fazes where its out and great then small for a few days. It got stung once by another coral but a branch survives and I moved it took a couplle weeks then it was back out. Mine hasn't growns to fast. my tank is tiny a really full right now and I have no proble with it. I also Have a 90 gallon eheim on the tank and a aqua clear 50 on the tank running a surface drain so I gues I have the filteration for it. being a fifteen gallon and all. but I think its just beautiful in my tank. I think its easy to keep. just cut off a branch every once in a while and giv it to some one...

Is that the spaghetti finger or the devils hand you are talking about? They look different to me, so I am guessing that they are two different corals, I am interested in the spaghetti type, I like the looks of it. ;)

I still have the Frogspawn if you want it' date=' its under T5's and doing well[/quote']

Oh okay I had forgotten about it (laugh) I'm not sure when we will be in the area but I will try to make it soon. That will be about all I should put in there for now and probably ever till I get another tank someday :D