www.saltwaterfish.com

Has anyone had any experience with this website? I bought a fish from them and it showed up dead upon arrival.(wife) I contacted them and told them and they were only going to refund me for the fish, not the shipping, and the shipping was twice the amount of the fish. So I called them up and gave them a nasty lecture and they were convinced to give me a full refund. SO they sent me a second fish and that one came dead too!!(threaten) So now they won't do anything about it and they won't even give me my money back. I don't recommend anyone buying from them!

I bought from them once about 3-4 years ago and it went fine but I have heard of alot of problems with them lately. The message boards over there are pretty good though, lots of traffic for quick answers and what not.

I ordered stuff from them a couple years ago and stuff always seem to be good. But the last time I got a bag dead nasty snails and got the same thing about had to pay for more shipping cost. That alone cost my allot more then the bag of snails so nasty letter and never went back.

I can get all I need with the local, now that I know.

Unfortunately my LFS doesn't stock much in the way of saltwater. Snails in particular so I've had to order online and I've done it 3 times and the first two times worked out great, this last time I had dead snails and some dead hermits. My fish have always come out great. This last time I ordered a Quad BTA and I received a gorgeous green BTA so it was a happy mistake. My ricordia and mushrooms are doing great and so is the bicolor blenny. The only loss was the snails and hermits, which truly was the main reason I was ordering. Like I said though, if I had an LFS that stocked snails and didn't charge 4 dollars each, I wouldn't take the chance on ordering.

Wow, I can't believe they treat their customers like this! I think I'll just stick to my lfs and liveaquaria.com. For your fish: Did you find that the water was very warm when you recieved the package? The heat pack that came in the box made the water in the high 80s to 90s! Has anyone else found this to be true?

Doesn't Bend have any LFS that can bring fish in for you-Just dont see the advantage when paying the extra amount for shipping unless you are forced to.

If you paid by credit card call your CC company up and dispute the charge, you have at least 60 days-but thats just me-(laugh)

Ya, I've been working on the money back through our credit card.

That was going to be my suggestion. Chances are good the credit card company will make them provide a full refund that includes shipping. A lot of people don't realize that the supplier/shipper is responsible for it until you actually receive it. I.E. If it never makes it or arrives dead then they have to supply another one and/or refund your money. (It doesn't matter if they sent one , two, or ten) It's been awhile since I read the statute but I think shipping is included. I.E. If you refuse to accept it (You always have a right to inspect and refuse) then I don't think you have to pay shipping.

Not trying to be rude, but Im really surprised they gave you shipping on the 2nd fish. Their returns & guarantee FAQs state they will credit the livestock but not the shipping. I'm not aware of any online company that refunds the shipping with DOA? Does LiveAquaria?

I have ordered from swf in the past and have had good luck. I have had two dead on arrival, but they were in orders of multiple fish and I got immediate refunds.

What kind of fish was it? Both of my DOAs were yellow watchman gobies.

I feel for you, it is really a bummer to get excited for the new arrival and then have it show up dead. I hope you can find a replacement.

Not trying to be rude, but Im really surprised they gave you shipping on the 2nd fish. Their returns & guarantee FAQs state they will credit the livestock but not the shipping. I'm not aware of any online company that refunds the shipping with DOA? Does LiveAquaria?

I have ordered from swf in the past and have had good luck. I have had two dead on arrival, but they were in orders of multiple fish and I got immediate refunds.

What kind of fish was it? Both of my DOAs were yellow watchman gobies.

I feel for you, it is really a bummer to get excited for the new arrival and then have it show up dead. I hope you can find a replacement.

I called liveaquaria and they said they would refund the shipping in most circumstances, so it must depend on the cost....

Major consumer electronics stores have a wall full of policies they point at when you want decent customer service, and most people just shrug and take the screwing. Just because something is a store's "policy" doesn't make it the law. Know your rights... the guys who just shipped you two dead fish probably aren't interested in helping you learn them ;)

I've found that quite often even the stores have no idea what the law is. Nothing gets a store manager more PO'ed than handing them a copy of the state statute proving that they must repair, replace, or refund any item that can't reasonably be fully inspected in the store regardless of their store policy.

• Like 1

.... That sucks! Expensive dead fish! I try to support the local guys as much as possible anyways!

I completely agree!!!!!

I have never ordered anything "LIVE" online.

I like to see my fish and corals before I buy them.

I do not like the idea that I have very little to no control over the way it might be handled, shipped, treated, packed, or whatever.

And by buying at a LFS I build up a relationship with the owner and employees so I feel I can get the best answers to my questions when they come about. Plus if we do not patronize our LFS........ someday we may not have any LFS just like others have posted about.

REMEMBER: we are very, very lucky to have as many great LFS's around as we do!!!!