Great wood finish!

414driver

In researching the most durable finish for my tank stand and hood......something that would look like fine furniture yet stand up to saltwater...I came across WaterLox.

It's a tung oil based product sorta like Watco...but much easier to apply and much tougher. 3 coats with a brush looks hand rubbed...the product builds real fast and dries in 24 hours. I sanded lightly with a ScotchBrite pad between the 2nd and 3rd coat.

Even a caveman could get a great looking tough as nails finish with this product!!

Where to buy this waterlox? I am caveman when come to finishing.

:)

dsoz

Woodcraft in Portland has it. They were out of stock when I ordered, so I had it shipped up from the Eugene store. My cabinet is 72", with an 18" x 72" canopy....and I'll use up most of 2 quarts.

Do not use the marine grade....use the original formula. Whatever creates the extra UV protection in the marine grade actually softens the finish...the original is the toughest.

For staining use Watco oil...if they have an acceptable color. It's very easy to get an absolutely even stain job with the oil.

Are those Beaver fans, Miles!?!?

(laugh) (laugh) (naughty) :D;) (clap) (laugh) (laugh)

All I gotta say is that the "Pichers" sign is yellow and green. Come on Mike everyone knows its your tailgaiting buddy there (laugh)

All I gotta say is that the "Pichers" sign is yellow and green. Come on Mike everyone knows its your tailgaiting buddy there (laugh)

Naw! I didn't recognize anyone, so I assumed they were Beaver Believers!!

(whistle) (whistle) (naughty) (naughty)