Black plastic grating needed

snowpunk

I remember someone saying somewhere around Portland had a good deal on it. Like $15 for a 4'x8' sheet or something.

I swung by TAP today and they only have white and for $15 you only get a 2'x4' sheet. I probably need a full 4x8 so if you know where to get some please post up.

They'll be cut up into roughly 6" squares so it can be smaller sheets too.

I'd at least like to find black if possible. I'll probably call over there and ask him. thanks

All of his racks used the black colored grating. He made a stair step / levels out of it. Can't remember if it was just zip ties or zip ties and glue to hold it together. Makes great use of space in a tank and let's you get a nice view of everything versus all on the tank floor or a single level shelf.

Post back here so everyone knows where to find it locally.

Call Multicraft plastics, basicaly look in the phone book under plastic and start calling, dont get plastic from Tap, Lowes or Homedepot, they get there plastic from places like multicraft for a little less than you can then mark it up 100% or more. I know that I can get 1/4 inch excruded sheet for $90 but at Tap they sell it for just under $200.

Just called multi-craft and he said he has a lot of it and probably even some that is discounted so I may just swing in and check it out tomorrow. Thanks again...

On a side note: I go by that place all the time for work and never even payed attention to what it was...lol

If you are talking about light defusers like the white ones ya can get at Lowes' date=' You should go to Nano Reef, I know they bought a box of them, the 2ft x 4ft black ones and I'd bet they would sell ya 3 or 4 of them if ya asked nice.[/quote']

Ditto on this. They had a ton and were looking to get rid of some when I was there. The shop is on Stark.