Must be a masochist

Holly

If I accidentally bump a MH with my hand or wrist ONE MORE TIME.. F$%#*$%*$#%(%!!!! In one nanosecond, it's charred like an Applebee's hamburger. (flame)

Between the burns, clown bites, and phosphate crashes, I feel like I must be some weird reef masochist. It'd be a lot cheaper if I'd just get up and flog myself every morning instead of having this tank... So why do I still love it so much?? (nutty)

(Ordered a couple frags which should be here tomorrow - YAY!) (clap)

LOL Stacy

I have a burn on my right wrist the size and shape of a large whole pecan. It's burning like a MOFO, as it's starting to develop that lovely swollen dead-red that only the Third-Degree Burn can express.

It only made contact for a split second! It made that scrumptuous fajita sizzle sound, too. (Hope none of you are eating at your computer)

250W <---strikethru

Wow Holly...

You have a clown that likes to bite!

Mine would always find that web between the fingers... the one spot that it could put into it's mouth!

swim up... snap... blood making the fish hungry...

To bad they did not survive the move from Colorado... or else I would be cursing also.

I hate halides. I cussed out MH for years because of the burns... way too many.

I have not been overly impressed with PC fluorescents, so I will be switching over to T5 on my reef, and possibly some 9000k T8 on my seagrasses.

Uh, Bob... be sure to label whatever dish you happen to bring to the Xmas Party potluck, ok? (scary)

It made that scrumptuous fajita sizzle sound' date=' too.[/quote']

Yummy! (laugh)

Sometimes I really do wonder why we love this hobby so. Accidentally touching bristle worms, clowns that attack with the tenacity of a semi-automatic weapon, burns, shocks... headaches from fragging zoas. We're all crazy! I also think most of us realize "Nemo" isn't the cute, little fish portrayed in the Disney flicks. They are vile, evil fishies! :eek:

Accidentally touching bristle worms

I found this out the hard way when picking one out last week, told the wife, "I think that bugger stung me". Looked it up and sure enough. Now I just pick them out quicker :). As for clownfish, mine would eat right out of my hand and the maroon would just keep eating when the food was gone. I thought it was just him.

There's nothing better than sticking our scraped up/open sore hands right back down into a tank full of saltwater that started the whole thing. No pain, no gain!

My favorite part is fragging corals with a dremel. Nothing like saltwater covered hands operating an electric motor.

Or better yet waiting 2 weeks to buy a new dremel because the electric shock you get everytime you touch the switch just isn't that bad yet. DOH!

It's impossible to not put my right wrist in saltwater until it heals completely. My last back-hand burn took over 3 weeks to heal (and I still have a permanent Stigmata scar). I'm right-handed! Who's gonna sacrafice hand tissue to feed our Cujo clown??

Um.. after Andy and Bob's postings, I think I'll steer clear of the potluck (sick)

It's impossible to not put my right wrist in saltwater until it heals completely. My last back-hand burn took over 3 weeks to heal (and I still have a permanent Stigmata scar). I'm right-handed! Who's gonna sacrafice hand tissue to feed our Cujo clown?

Go get a set of Aqua gloves for $12. They're on my stocking stuffer list! You may find cheaper pairs at a feed store...be sure to get ones used to deconstipate a cow or an elephant :)

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=5554&Ntt=gloves&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1

As for the canibals out there, should I bring my tools I got from Fiji, like a rib splitter, to the Xmas party? I have a barely used canibal fork too.

Me, at tack shop: "Um, yeah, hi,.. I'm looking to get a pair of your shoulder-high cow obstetric gloves please."

Man at tack shop: *blink*

Me: "It's for my tank.. Seriously.."

Man: "Suuuuuuurrreeeee"

My husband, when I get home: "Hey! What're those for?!"

*ponder*

I think maybe I'll just deal with the arm infection.

I have burn marks on both of my sholders, 29 in. deep tanks, my right hand, wrist, looks like huge age spots from the 400 watters./ dam things take 3 weeks to heel. I'm pritty use to 120 volts. pergo floors,that are made from beer cans, barefoot and a bad maxi jet. But I especially like being barefoof on the concrete in salt water, with the extencion cord in it!!!!!! And yea, my maroon clown is a biatch

Me, at tack shop: "Um, yeah, hi,.. I'm looking to get a pair of your shoulder-high cow obstetric gloves please."

*ponder*

[language filter] that was funny.

*ponder*

Ive got 2 boxes of the things if you ever end up in PDX. They get very clammy and nasty after just a couple minutes in them.