Anyone in Eugene have a Vortech?

siskiou

I just want to see one in a tank' date=' before I even contemplate a switch...:D[/quote']

I understand-I was just getting you ready so it would not be a shock-:D . IMO I think having them on oppisite sides really is the way to go-unless its a nano MP10

Speaking of that Brad' date=' we are thinking about getting a vortech for the 150 reef tank. We have a seaswirl. would you rec getting one or do you think we would need 2?[/quote']

The seaswirl is good but after owing them, I would not have anything else-if it was within budget.

Some of that may depend on what is on the far side-opposite the one vortech-I just have the 20's but when I got my first and added it to the tank I did not have the flow on the opposite side like I wanted and felt needed-hence the second one-LOL

I'll tell you though the maxi jets I had with my wave maker did just as good of a job (in theory) as the vortechs for moving water with the pumps switching, pump 1 &2, pump 1&3, one only etc-it alternated the pumps and corals loved it-BUT it was a lot of equipment-that's the rub.

I understand-I was just getting you ready so it would not be a shock-:D . IMO I think having them on oppisite sides really is the way to go-unless its a nano MP10

You don't happen to have a vid of your tank, to see the pumps in action, do you?

What size is your tank, and do you have two mp20s or 40s?

Edited to add: Forget that question: the answer is in your sig! *g*

I have a single 6100 Tunze in my 210.I think I have to stick with the Tunze so I can control both from thr same unit. I don't want to have to buy 2 different ones. I know my older Tunze is big (size) but I have never ever had a better pump. Can both pumps be controlled by a single unit?( that drives up to 4) I would love to have a 6201.

Has anyone here but them side by side

Korrila Tunze Vortex???

I have Tunzes and Koralias. The Tunze pumps are working great, and customer service can't be beat.

So far, I've had no problems with the Koralias, but when it comes to power, Tunze wins (the strongest Koralia I have is a 4, Tunze a 6000 old style, and a 6055 newer style).

You don't happen to have a vid of your tank, to see the pumps in action, do you?

What size is your tank, and do you have two mp20s or 40s?

Edited to add: Forget that question: the answer is in your sig! *g*

I don't have a vid, but I have seen people post them on you tube.

I don't use the long or short pulse feature, I think that is the one if you want to wave motion.

I use the reef crest mode that basically switches the pump from full power to low power.

Here is a link, (scroll down just below the "making a wave" YouTube vid) you will see a graph that shows "reef crest" vs " lagoon"

http://glassbox-design.com/2008/ecotech-marine-vortech-mp40w/

I have my pumps at about 70% full power and they follow that pattern you will see.

I tried Lagoon and it was way to much movement for my tank

I think the advantage over the Tunze and I may be wrong is that they are smaller and pack more of a punch, plus all the cool different modes. I think the 40's can all be programmed from a single unit and that can be wireless-not certain on that one.

Good luck Sue

That would be great, if it's not too much trouble!

I have a 20H tank around somewhere in the shed. Would that be big enough for a demonstration? :)

From the little video on their website, it looks like the water could potentially go over the edge, when the tank is actually filled to a normal level.