Not sun coral ID please

Berger9953

I have this coral that looks like a Sun coral, but it isn't and I don't know the name, can anyone help me out?? And it's also been closed for a few days now and it's not opening fully, I don't know what's wrong. But here's a pic from a different forum, couldn't figure out how to get it on this one:):

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/album.php?albumid=363&pictureid=3594

Since Dendros are non-photosynthetic, it does not matter where you put it.

Save the light realestate for the corals that need light. You could stick the dendro in the sump and as long as it is fed (meaty food every couple of days) it will continue to live and grow.

dsoz

Since Dendros are non-photosynthetic, it does not matter where you put it.

dsoz

That may depend on whether you want to view it open-(laugh)

Mine did not and will not open if it is out under bright lights-so that is why I say shaded.

I was involved in a lengthy thread over time for "dendro owners" on RC and every other owner had the same experiences-bright lights=lock down, no tentacle extensions.

Shaded=happy and open (as long as its fed)

That may depend on whether you want to view it open-(laugh)

Mine did not and will not open if it is out under bright lights-so that is why I say shaded.

I was involved in a lengthy thread over time for "dendro owners" on RC and every other owner had the same experiences-bright lights=lock down, no tentacle extensions.

Shaded=happy and open (as long as its fed)

That was my experience too. The dendro wouldn't open up until we put it in a shady spot underneath a shelf rock. Now it is doing great! One of my favorite corals.