May 16th Meeting / Party / Auction?

oxx155

If my wife can't get that day off then I'll need to try to get a ride down.

My thought is to start with a short presentation/discussion and then let everyone take some practice photos using there own cameras and then process them in a setting where those with more experience can give them some guidance (Myself, Andy, or whoever else). The 2 areas I think a lot of people get lost are figuring out the settings on their cameras and then using the post processing programs.

For those with laptops they could bring them as well if they want. For those without or that don't I should be able to transfer anything stored on a memory card as long as it's either in raw format or jpeg. My only concern though is being sure everyone keeps an eye on their own equipment so we can keep everyone honest. Space may be a concern as well unless we can get a couple of tables set up for people to sit at. Not knowing what we have to work with it's hard to determine what's practical so we may need to do something different.

If my wife can't get that day off then I'll need to try to get a ride down.

My thought is to start with a short presentation/discussion and then let everyone take some practice photos using there own cameras and then process them in a setting where those with more experience can give them some guidance (Myself, Andy, or whoever else). The 2 areas I think a lot of people get lost are figuring out the settings on their cameras and then using the post processing programs.

For those with laptops they could bring them as well if they want. For those without or that don't I should be able to transfer anything stored on a memory card as long as it's either in raw format or jpeg. My only concern though is being sure everyone keeps an eye on their own equipment so we can keep everyone honest. Space may be a concern as well unless we can get a couple of tables set up for people to sit at. Not knowing what we have to work with it's hard to determine what's practical so we may need to do something different.

This is a great idea. I don't think space will be of a concern and I will have extra tables setup for everyone.

If anyone isn't a fan of plastic chairs then you may consider bringing your own (although I will have some comfy chairs).

I would like to have everyone keep in mind that no matter where you go (even if its a family members home) you should keep your private stuff secure and not left somewhere.

If you bring a camera for the presentation/class please leave it in your car at first, then bring it in when you are ready to take pictures and learn. When you are done you can put it back in your car and come back to the party for more good times.

I think Rick had something in mind -- if he doesn't' date=' I'll cook something up.[/quote']

I would love to hear all ideas on how this meeting/party could be more fun and informative from everyone.

Obviously we don't want the thing to go all night, but something for everyone to do is always a good idea.

This is a great idea. I don't think space will be of a concern and I will have extra tables setup for everyone.

If anyone isn't a fan of plastic chairs then you may consider bringing your own (although I will have some comfy chairs).

I would like to have everyone keep in mind that no matter where you go (even if its a family members home) you should keep your private stuff secure and not left somewhere.

If you bring a camera for the presentation/class please leave it in your car at first, then bring it in when you are ready to take pictures and learn. When you are done you can put it back in your car and come back to the party for more good times.

Sounds good. Andy has offered me a ride if my wife can't get the day off so one way or the other I'm planning to be there. What do you have available to use for a presentation? (Big screen TV or whatever) I can output HDMI and VGA both.

Sounds good. Andy has offered me a ride if my wife can't get the day off so one way or the other I'm planning to be there. What do you have available to use for a presentation? (Big screen TV or whatever) I can output HDMI and VGA both.

I do have a very large HDMI Plasma TV, so you can use that to output.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to keep and display all the corals I have coming in for this meeting/party?

So far I have 10 Acro colonies, 10 Zoo colonies, and other various corals (probably another 10 or so) that I don't have anyway to keep or display at this time.

All of these will probably arrive the friday before the party (so May 14th).

Thanks

im in woodland and would like to know if there is anyone going from my area i dont want to ride down by myself! i will help with the gas bill and some nice conversation along the way would be great!!

Everyone - Please use this thread to get car pooling groups together. I do have plenty of parking, but every neighborhood has its limits, and its good for the environment to have fewer cars on the road.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to keep and display all the corals I have coming in for this meeting/party?

So far I have 10 Acro colonies, 10 Zoo colonies, and other various corals (probably another 10 or so) that I don't have anyway to keep or display at this time.

All of these will probably arrive the friday before the party (so May 14th).

Thanks

Are you looking for an extra tank set-up?

If so how big of a foot print does it need to have?

Are you looking for an extra tank set-up?

If so how big of a foot print does it need to have?

I think probably a 30 gallon would be fine. But, I don't know how to run it on a temporary basis over that weekend.

I am assuming it needs some basic filtration, heating, water movement, and lighting.

I just don't want to especially put a chunk of money into something that won't be used after the party.

I just want to make it very easy for everyone to see all the corals up for winning and keep them nice and healthy.

I have already ordered bags so that everyone can take them home safely.

Others will need to chime in but I think you can just use a tank alone with a couple of power heads and light. Just mix up the water and put it in a few days ahead. If the corals are only in the tank a couple of days all it should need is a bit of circulation.

Throw a foam blocker into your tank now.

And that way when the corals arrive you can throw the block into the temp. tank and have some bio. filtration going on.

But yeah you should be able to set up a tank for just a couple of days with a heater, circ. pump, and lights. Just like Rick suggested. Finding light will be the toughest thing to find probably. But I am sure you can find something from someone.

I have a tank and circulation. I was thinking about a hang on filter (typically used on a freshwater tank), a small heater, and a small lighting system.

If anyone has those three items I could borrow for a week please let me know.

I have a tank and circulation. I was thinking about a hang on filter (typically used on a freshwater tank), a small heater, and a small lighting system.

If anyone has those three items I could borrow for a week please let me know.

Douglas, I have a 10g complete system with a powerhead. Its small but could double stack some egg crate and make a frag rack? It was one of the complete kits liquid had and you are welcome to it. I also have a 200w heater and a HOB filter minus the filter pad or an Ehiem pro 2 canister system you can use. 541 515 0005. Jon

Douglas' date=' I have a 10g complete system with a powerhead. Its small but could double stack some egg crate and make a frag rack? It was one of the complete kits liquid had and you are welcome to it. I also have a 200w heater and a HOB filter minus the filter pad or an Ehiem pro 2 canister system you can use. 541 515 0005. Jon[/quote']

Hey Jon,

I will call you later this evening to work out details, thanks for the help.

You should be the speaker and talk us about that!

But it is against the law: I don't think it is legal in the US yet.

Also the World Anti-Doping Agency should be informed so we can have the competitors be randomly tested. From what I know oyster eggs are considered a doping substance.

I also propose myself as a speaker being a worldwide known expert on Sea Monkeys biotopes and first person that successfully built a protein skimmer for that. I also have a couple of picassos Sea Monkeys I would like to trade.

A "Zoa Squirting Contest"!

I have a 250 watt retro that you could use. ARO electronic ballast, mogel, reflector, and bulb. Just don't have an enclosure for the setup.

Jay

I was hoping for something with VHO's, I think MH might be a little overkill.

Thanks though.