May 16th Meeting / Party / Auction?

oxx155

Glad to hear so many coming, it should be a fun time. And for those that have issues with groups of people, I have plenty of room inside and out, so there won't be any issue with having "space". I had a 35 person baby-shower just a little while back and didn't use any outside or half of the house, so I think we're all good.

How about a tank photo taking clinic? I would love to learn how to take better pictures.

I'll be there! Are kids allowed? I ask because I have a 12 month old (will be 14 months then) and a 3 year old!

I have an inflatable castle (not jump castle) that the kids can play in! I am also prepping my house for my first child, so it should be very child friendly.

Does anyone have some favorite companies/individuals I should contact to donate/sponsor the party coming up?

I have already contacted all the sponsors of this club, and a few of my favorite companies.

But, obviously the more you ask the better chance we have of getting some good donations/door prizes for all members.

And its a great opportunity for companies/individuals to get their names in front of members.

I hope to also start a thread about the meeting that will promote all those that donated to this meeting.

Thanks

Douglas' date=' you can talk to Bay Corals, I'm not sure they'd be interested, but they are the company we went through to get the zoas for the Member's Only Zoa Grow-out.[/quote']

I will contact them, thanks.

I consider myself pretty good at getting people to donate, so I think there are going to be a lot of corals and even some equipment to give away.

I really hope that everyone can leave with at least something.

Maybe we could get a couple of Aquariscopes (for demo) from Kevin. I know that Miles and myself have become somewhat adept at using them for photos?

How about a tank photo taking clinic? I would love to learn how to take better pictures.

Maybe we could get a couple of Aquariscopes (for demo) from Kevin. I know that Miles and myself have become somewhat adept at using them for photos?

I have one, but I still have issues with focusing and get coloring right.

I would really like to learn what settings on a Digital Camera can help make the best pictures (adjust for aquarium light and water conditions).

My camera is also the Olympus Stylus Tough, so I can put it under water without any worry.

Maybe even some good lessons on how to take a good full tank shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Donations for the meeting so far:

10 - Acorpora Colonies (not frags)

10 - Zooanthid Colonies (not frags)

10 - Rod's Food Packets

Various Corals - Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon

These are confirmed and I am in talks with many other stores. I will update when I know more.

Big thanks to the sponsors so far!

Donations for the meeting so far:

10 - Acorpora Colonies (not frags)

10 - Zooanthid Colonies (not frags)

10 - Rod's Food Packets

Various Corals - Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon

These are confirmed and I am in talks with many other stores. I will update when I know more.

Big thanks to the sponsors so far!

Douglas, you absolutely rock, this meeting is gonna be friggin awesome, Jess should thouroughly enjoy herself, which is good for me, cause it means I can go to more meetings LOL.

Douglas' date=' you absolutely rock, this meeting is gonna be friggin awesome, Jess should thouroughly enjoy herself, which is good for me, cause it means I can go to more meetings LOL.[/quote']

I hope everyone has a great time.

Hopefully I can work it out that I can host a meeting once a year.

This being the 1st Annual oxx155 BBQ & Coral Party!

LOL, just bring a smile.

I also wouldn't mind using this meeting as an excuse for everyone to look at my tank and give advice as to how it could be better.

I'd love to check it out, and i'm sure that your fellow "reefers" would too, such as Max, Jon, Miles, Bryan.. etc!!

• 2 weeks later...