Any good deals for quality 250w DE MH bulbs?

siskiou

Hey Sue, if you want I have a pair of 14K DE 250 watt. They are Plusrite which is a brand I have always used until I recently went with 14K phoenix, since the Phoenix are BLUE like I would expect from like a 24K bulb if they made it.

If you like the bluish look, I'd check with those Phoenix Clay has. I'm gonna PM him myself in the event you don't take them-I love that bluer look.

If it was not that blue look I would have stayed with the Plusrite.

Here is a thread from RC that has plenty of info on them;

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703568.

Oh- I would sell them both for 25.00 that includes shipping, if you want I have them in 20K also add another 20.00 if you want those also.

The 14K are about 2 months if that, and the 20K the same.

There's a guy here in Albany who has an online store and he has some Chinese bulbs. I just bought a 250w 14K bulb today to replace a 14K Phoenix that I broke. The blue color compares very well with the Phoenix bulbs. The best part....It was $20.00. I'm not sure how long it will last, but the price sure is right. Even if I replace it every two months, it's still cheaper than a lot of bulbs out there. I plan on replacing my other two bulbs with these in a couple weeks.

He's also got 20K's as well as a variety of T5's and a garage full of aquarium supplies (pumps, skimmers, etc.)

PM me for his name and number if interested.

Thanks for the offer!

I'm definitely very interested in Clay's, so we'll see what develops!

So, what color do the 14k plusrites give you, and how old are they?

They are white-not yellow at all-here are a few pics when I had the 14K and 20K- When I switched from 20K to 14K, I saw more polyp extension and overall things looked better-I just like BLUE(er)

The 1st pic is 20K the 2nd is 14K-If you want I will mail them to you -both sets, try them out, if you like them keep them if not mail them back.

I'll also include the information on the guy I by them from-Brand new they run about 25.00 per bulb

P1080913.jpg

P1090983.jpg

The 14K are about 2 months if that, and the 20K the same. I checked these with a par meter each month and they lost maybe 5% in PAR value form day one-

Like I mentioned, if I was not after the bluish look, I would still be using these-Like R-3 for the price its a no brainer-

Thanks, everyone!

I just put in one of the two Phoenix bulbs from Clay, so I'm all set for a while.

The new color temp will take a few days of getting used to.

My previous bulb seemed much brighter, though probably only to the human eye.

BTW, is it normal for a MH bulb to get cloudy with use? The bulb I took out looks really "milky".