Green Bubble Tip Anemone

tmccarty

I have noticed my bubbletips get more bubbles when I put regular iodide in my tanks. also The one I have under metal halide 14k is more greener than the ones I have under

t5 actinic amount two and two day light bulbs. Though I have had them about the same time. They were both from the same cloned anemone. Also the anemones under metal halide 14k bulbs seem to grow twice in size. though neither anemones have ever wondered through either of my tanks, and still on their original rocks. Of course this is just my experence over 10 years time. However I have to replace the metal halide bulbs once a year normally sooner and the t-5's I change about every 18 months. And metal halides are about 50 bucks for one bulb and my t-5's per bulbs are give or take 18 bucks. though I have to buy a larger amount of those. so It all depend.

I did have an small long tenacle anenome that was rather small when I bought it in a small 5 1/2 gallon and no clown and I used LED lights only and I had him about two years. he was just beautiful. He finaly out grew his tank so I have it to my sister a little over a year ago cause she has this huge tank and no anemones. she's has had him a year and a half about now. so I guess what you should do is experement. what works for someone else might not for you, and vise versa. every ones tank is different. You could see what people say maybe try it see how your anemone likes or dislikes his surroundings. Just only try one change at a time. That way you will know. Who knows you might discover the next great thing for reef systems

your anemone should not be that translucent. a healthy bubble tip will be rich in color, not pale white. i would continue to feed your anemone until it regains a healthy amount of zooxanthellae back within its tissues. feed shrimp, krill, silversides, crab....etc.