2 Questions

Kevman

I have a couple Question, and I know you good people can help..

1- On a new Calcium Reactor setup, how long does it take for the Efluent to start dessolving the Media?

2- Once you open a PH Meter Calibration liquid, how long does it stay good? If I needed to get more where could I get some?

Well I guess thats 3 Questions DOH!

To the 2nd ?: There's usually an expiration date on the bottom of the bottle. But generally for about 6-12 months.

if you get the pinpoint calibration solution it is only a one time use.

Where do you get calibration solution in a bottle?? or are we talking something else?

pH Buffer (calibration solution) available in pH4, pH7, and pH10 standards.

http://www.nurnberg.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=ph+buffer

Nurnberg Scientific

6310 SW Virginia Avenue, Portland, OR 97239

USA

503-246-8297

Contact Information

Phone

800-826-3470 (Continental US)

503-246-8297

FAX

503-246-0360

I have a couple Question, and I know you good people can help..

1- On a new Calcium Reactor setup, how long does it take for the Efluent to start dessolving the Media?

2- Once you open a PH Meter Calibration liquid, how long does it stay good? If I needed to get more where could I get some?

Well I guess thats 3 Questions DOH!

The media starts dissolving once your PH of the effluent is in the correct range-You should target a PH of around 6.5 and the KH should be around 40.

My reactors instructions said to the effluent rate should be about 3 drops per second or 2-2.5 liters/hr and the bubble count around 25-30 per minute, which gets mine close to the values I mentioned above. If the effluent gets lower than around 8.3, the media will dissolve to rapidly and become mush

Saltwater fantaseas has the packets of PH solution , 7 and 10 I think he has, they are 1.75 per packet-did not realize you were salem, check out a hydro store

Also a hydroponics store would sell bottles of the solution

Thanks, The reason I ask about the Calibration solution is, I have a packet of 7.01 and I checked the meter acouple days ago and it was 7.0, but then I checked yesterday and the meter read 7.5 in the same solution.. I kept the solution sealed in a container but yes it was a Packet type , not a bottle. My worry is my effluent is 6.6 but now I dont know if it actually 7.1 if my Meter is off...I will just buy more and recheck.