Cyphastrea PE?

andy

I am but it more depends on what type you have I think. I have a meteor shower that is in mid/high light and medium flow and gets great PE. I have a green one that is liking the lower light and medium to low flow better for good PE. The one that Reefnjunkie just picked up (blue with green polyps) seemed to not mind low or high light but changed colors depending on where it was. Both places were med flow. My meteor shower gets the best PE out of them all though, or maybe thats because it stands out so well. All of them are under dual 400w halides and 4 vho's and the bulbs sit about 5" of the water... hope it helps.

Thanks, mine is a meteor shower. I think I have a decent spot for it, hopefully it settles in under my 150W Phoenix 14ks... I knew when I bought it I might have problems with the lighting. So why did I buy it, you ask? Cuz I'm a dummy DOH!

Thanks' date=' mine is a meteor shower. I think I have a decent spot for it, hopefully it settles in under my 150W Phoenix 14ks... I knew when I bought it I might have problems with the lighting. So why did I buy it, you ask? Cuz I'm a dummy DOH![/quote']

lol... Just get it up high I would say with the 150w.

meteor shower definitely does better under the 250 watt radiums then under 400 watt radiums for me. indirect lighting low to med flow. turns yellow under the 400w 10k hqi's but grows fastest. They don't take long to color back up once they turn brown when I put them on the side of the tank indirect light the 250w radiums. They pop under the actinic.

one of my fastest growing and favorite corals. Glorious cyphastrea

I have my meteor shower halfway in my tank(about 16") away from my 400 watt halide off to my the side. It seems to be doing great. Grows like a weed & lots of color.

yea thats about the same as mine exact and it does great. I actually just moved it to the sand last night though so I could get the other side(bottom) to color up. It grows fast enough that it has to grow into the shadows fast...

• 2 weeks later...