SUCCESS AT LAST!!!

fishmanmike01

I aquired a Coral Beauty about a month ago, and within a week I noticed I was loosing my acans at an alarming rate. Since this was the first time I have had this fish I did not put two and two together until I was eating dinner and proceeded to watch this fish eat it's dinner (my acans)(flame) Needless to say he had to go.....I tried netting him (nutty)(like thats ever going to happen) and I tried the old two litre bottle trick where you cut off the bottom put a hole in it and invert it and put food in the bottle . He just was'nt stupid enough for that. Mind you this has been about a week and a half now.

Then an idea hit me this morning, I removed the inverted part so the bottle has no bottom glued a piece of tubeing to the top, fashioned a "draw bridge" of sorts, Tied a piece of thread to the "door" through the tube and out the tank. I then ran a piece of airline tube through the cap with which i used a syringe to squirt mysis into the bottle.

And in less than 5 minutes WALLA!!!! (clap)(clap)He was mine. This was so easy to make and worked so effectively I had to share.

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

• Like 1

I was going to say that that rock didn't look so hard to catch but now I see him in there. Very clever indeed. I remember being so frustrated for so long trying to get rid of a blue damsel when I first started that I even resorted to a small fishing hook, some line and bait. In the end I had to tear all the rock out:(

Very good job!

I was going to say that that rock didn't look so hard to catch but now I see him in there. Very clever indeed. I remember being so frustrated for so long trying to get rid of a blue damsel when I first started that I even resorted to a small fishing hook, some line and bait. In the end I had to tear all the rock out:(

Very good job!

I hear you there, I came mighty close mysielf to doing just that but I knew I would have to hook every other fish in the tank before he would go after it. I put the rock in there just to keep it from floating away.

• 2 weeks later...