clown eggs

talkalot82

Well I got a larger tank. Painted the glass black even though the book does suggest never using paint because it is too hard to get off. I got an amnonia tester in the tank instead of using my normal tester where I have to take water out. I also got foam to go under the tank for better cleaning

Also I wanted to try spirilia. the book says that they have found that instead of rotifers that they have found that spirilia has been used. though the percentage of survival is only eighty percentage. I still will feed rotifers however just maybe less

Pulled the eggs today and put them in a ten gallon tank. They of course were laid on the biggest rock in the tank. I had some problems getting the eggs off the rock so I ended up just pulling the rock corals and all. Im glad i had a compat floresent just sitting around so I could light the corals. I believe right after they hatch the rock is going back to the bigger tank. Im just glad it wasn't on the rock with the anemone on it.

Ill try to get a pic, but the air is bubbling the eggs so it may be impossible right now. next time ill take a pic before I move the eggs from my display tank.

So my GSM clowns spawn now and then on the back of the tank. Could I just turkey baster up the eggs and blow them onto a LR in a nursery tank? What kind of nursery tank do you move the eggs too? Could it be connected to my system with less flow going to it but still a drain into the sump? I think it would be fun to raise some babies!

puntific

• 1 month later...
Guest HENARRY JAYA

Clown fish lay eggs on any flat surface close to or under the protection of their host anemones. In the wild, clown fish spawn around full moon and the male guards them until they hatch about 6 to 10 days later, typically 2 hours after darkness starts. Clown fish are omnivorous: in the wild they eat live food such as algae, plankton, molluscs and crustacea; in captivity they can survive on live meat, fish flakes and fish pellets. They feed mostly on cope pods and mys-ids, and the undigested excrement from their host anemones.