anemone splitting

tanktop74

Since the move to my 150 gal tank 2 weeks ago, my anemone has split twice now. I know that when they are fed and happy they can do this, but didn't think they could split once a week!

How often should I expect splitting to occur... and is anyone interested in buying a anemone if this continues?

They appear to be a rose long tip anemone. I will try to post pictures soon.

Thanks for the info and Merry Christmas!

DSC04093.jpg

The front anemone is about to become 2 almost done splitting. The one in the back is the one that split off last week.

I was thinking something like $25 or some cash and zoas. But I have to figure out how to get it off my rock, as I am not willing to part with it.

I may need to invest in a dremel tool and cut the rock.

Let me know what ya think

Beth

I heard the oppisite about them splitting. I was told they split when they feel threatened or stressed, you mentioned a move, that could have triggered it. Regardless, extra cash now!!

Nice color

This is also what I've been told and would agree the move probably triggered it. Either way, ya either got extra cash or trading stock.

Thanks for the tickeling suggestion. I will try that before trying to cut the rock! BTW my mother anemone now looks like a heart, it began to split the night I started this post but then moved and now has stayed with this heart shape! Otherwise looks nice and happy!

When my Rose split into four, I waited until they started moving around on their own and then was able to get them into a clamshell box until I found a new home for them. You need to watch for the movement so you can get them before they anchor into a rock. On one I wasn't quick enough and now I have 2 Rose's, both of them the size of a 58 Buick hubcap. DOH!