Rare clowns

reef165

Barelycuda is breeding some Picassos. They are pretty freaky. There are a lot of different kinds, but to me many of the rare varieties look pretty similar to the varieties we are generally familiar with (apart from the Picassos). Dave (Barelycuda) could tell you a lot about the different varieties, I think.

I just saw some Picassos online and they are dif. I couldn't find any pic's of Zombie clowns. 6k for a pair, WAW! If they were what rare, why would ya sell them? I'd breed them myself if I had them! It would be cool to get a pair of like platinum clowns as a group and breed them but I've been reading and it takes sometimes up to a year before they start breeding. My patience is just so long!

I just saw some Picassos online and they are dif. I couldn't find any pic's of Zombie clowns. 6k for a pair' date=' WAW! If they were what rare, why would ya sell them? I'd breed them myself if I had them! It would be cool to get a pair of like platinum clowns as a group and breed them but I've been reading and it takes sometimes up to a year before they start breeding. My patience is just so long![/quote']

Dave(barlycuda) runs a clown brothel so if anyone can get them to get it on it's him...(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

platinums are way over rated, and personally, the zombies as i call em look better lol

most times with those, from what ive read, hopefully dave can chime in here and correct me if im wrong, the mccullochis that are for sale are generally grown, or almost grown, pairs, and if thats the case, waiting til they start laying eggs shouldnt be too hard

and, i have seen them for as low as 3 grand for a pair, 5 grand on live aquaria

maybe nick or garrett or someone can chime in here and tell us if they can get them and what kinda price they can get them for

The Mcculloch's are very rare and very expensive. I have also read on other forums that they do not ship that well so they are a real gamble.

I currently have 8 personal pairs that are spawning. True Percs, Black & White Ocellaris, Picasso's, Onyx Percs, Cinnamon, Clarkii, & 2 pairs of Ocellaris. The picasso's are the ones that throw the platinums also. The picasso's and platinums are both varients of the true percs. There are also what are called snowflakes that are a varient of the ocellaris. I also have a very nice pair of the A. Nigripes (also called the black foot clown) in my display. If they start spawning they will move out to the clownhouse also. The nigripes are also cool to me and are not common at all. The wife thought they were to cool to just sit out in the clownhouse so she wanted them in the house till they got older. To my knowlege I am the only person locally with nigripes in their tank.

I belive that I have approx 6 picasso's and 6 platinums right now. They are about 1/2" long now and seem tobe growing nicely. I will try to get some pics of the picasso's and platinums this weekend.

Dave

Jen,

Depending on the system and types of clowns it is possible to put more than one type in a tank. I have a 75g in the living room and I have a pair of nigripes, a pair of ocellaris, and a single pink skunk. I haven't had any problems with them. I do have some picasso's but they are only about 1/2"ish long right now and probably won't be ready for a couple months.

wegotjs, sorry for not responding sooner. I have been working out of town so my time online has been very limited lately.

Dave