Attach acrylic to glass?

R-3

Here's an article I bookmarked for gluing glass to acrylic. Bostik Titan Bond Plus....towards the bottom of the article.

http://ozreef.org/diy_plans/techniques/gluing_acrylic.html

Check the MSDS sheets from GE for their Silicone I.

http://www.geadvancedmaterials.com/geam/gesa/Residential/en/Products/ProductsLanding/products_landing.html.

Might e-mail or call their support to make sure it's not mildue resistant. Some say 100% silicone, yet they put the additive in there...hmmm...101%?

Guest Mbeef61

how i glued my acrylic bulkheads to my glass sump was too sandwhich them with glass strips...attaches to glass nicely....i made it that way so they are removable and i am able to adjust them. i imagine that would be nice to dial in an overflow

Yes there is black silicon. You'll have to do some looking around more though.

I used the mildew resistant silicon for the baffles in my sump. I used the other for gluing together my external overflow. That was 2 years ago. Neither has been a problem FWIW.

I was wondering since Im gonna use black acrylic and have a black back is there 100% Pure SIlicone that is black? Does GE make a black? I just thought it would look nice. Later Ryan

I have an extra brand new, never been opened 10.3 oz tube of All-Glass Aquarium Black 100% Silicone I'd be willing to trade for a polyp/frag or something. PM me if interested and I can bring to the Nov. meeting if you'll be coming up this way on that Sunday.

I appreciate that Ron but Im gonna do it tonight. I hopefully will have the tank up and running fully by the start of next week, hopefully. Ill try to find some black silicone, if not ill use some regular stuff. Is there a trick when applying? Ive done a lot of caulking so I think I should be okay. Later Ryan