The Tiger Woods Trainwreck

coralreefer

I quickly grow tired of tabloid dribble...from celebrities, to sports figures and rock stars...few are equipped to make consistently good decisions throughout their career and are able to maintain any kind of healthy balance...however, I am truly blown away by Tiger Woods' "secret" life.

Let me start by saying that his actions have erased whatever marvel I held for his golf talents...and I am not easily impressed. I do not accept that he wasn't a role model...I do not accept that "what he does in his personal life is his own business." People who sell image have no personal life.

1) How he was able to juggle all these women, commit weekly "infidelity" and play golf (think--MENTAL) at his level is beyond me. It really does speak to his golf talents. Could his wife and family have meant that little to him?

2) If these relationships have been ongoing, was he surrounded by "yes" men?

Who was scheduling private flights and meetings and rooms and meals? Where was his caddie? Where was the manager who should have stepped up and said "This will destroy you!"?

3) How does one assume that "she will never tell anyone".? Does he just assume all his whores will stay silent?

4) Where do these women come from? I understand the large number of women willing to throw themselves at athletes, but is their coming out party all about money, book deals, Oprah?

Alas, these type of trainwrecks will probably increase as anymore, people are paid handsomely for causing trainwrecks...

Lastly, I'd like to see Elin take the kids, 1/2 his money and disappear...

I am waiting for the "love child" to surface...

He is lucky he was pulling away when she swung that club...

DrMerle

honestly, i could care less about his private life, if he wants to get drunk and screw pink elephants in his backyard, its ok, its his life, you know? people make such a big deal out of celebs and athletes doing bad things. but i honestly dont see what the big deal is, he's entitled to privacy, if he wants to cheat on his wife, its between him and her, no one else, period, end of discussion, none of us are married to him, nor do we have to live with him. so what if he's a world famous sports figure, his private life has absolutely NOTHING to do with what goes on on the golf course, end of discussion there.

just my .02 worth.

I quickly grow tired of tabloid dribble...from celebrities, to sports figures and rock stars...

If you are so tired of it why do you perpetuate it?

Do you know Tiger? Have you ever shaken his hand? Had a conversation? Has he been to your house for dinner?

Or did you choose to climb up on your soap box to spit down your self righteous indignation in an attempt to make youself feel better?

Here you are on the sidelines rooting that a family breaks up, and two kids are left fatherless. That says a lot about your character.

What I know of Tiger is he used to stay after school to help tutor kids. When he graduated he gave money back to the school so the kids in the band could realize a dream after not being able to fund raise enough. He opened up a learning center in out community to help kids escape the ghetto. His programs targeted under privledged and disabled kids, and my brother with autism still benefits from them. He started doing this before he was rich (he was famous when he was 2), he just had enough money to help out. You knew it was about helping because his dad, Earl, was always around to help, such a nice man.

Tiger is not perfect, but then again, neither are you.