Bowfront returns to a Theater near me.

huskerduck

Built my bowfront into the theater of my new house...... it was tore down for several years because I was supposed to move to Fiji but thats been put on hold for a while longer it seems ( probably never)

Not much in it yet but............plenty of room left for all those corals everyone around here super grows. PM me if you have any good coral for sale!!!

001.jpg

011.jpg

002-1.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Looking good! I don't think I could watch a movie with that beauty always snagging my attention. Very nice room to have it in though.

Let me know if you ever are in the Salem area. I have lots of corals and such that might be of interest. Also have lots of invertibrates, so if you are in need of any cleaners let me know.

Im very close to Salem, stop in Jasons frequently. you will have to PM me your info and when youre around!!! I live north of Dallas about 5 minutes

Nice setup' date=' that's an awesome room![/quote']I was drooling at your setup and would like a tour someday!!! Do they do reef tank get togethers? I know I get together with others that have Home theater meets in Portland and Salem..........Reef meets would be pretty exciting seeing how people do their thing. I dont know how you keep up with your system, I dedicate hours to mine and have nothing even close to your amazing setup/s

I was drooling at your setup and would like a tour someday!!! Do they do reef tank get togethers? I know I get together with others that have Home theater meets in Portland and Salem..........Reef meets would be pretty exciting seeing how people do their thing. I dont know how you keep up with your system' date=' I dedicate hours to mine and have nothing even close to your amazing setup/s[/quote']

You are welcome to come take a look at my tank anytime you are up this direction. PNWMAS has monthly meetings at members home's to show off their setups and usually do a little how to demonstration. I hosted the September meeting. Most of the time the meetings are up this direction but sometimes we get down to the Salem area for a meeting. I believe all you have to do is send JManrow a PM if you want to be added to the evite list for information of when and where the monthly meetings are being held.

I do spend a good amount of time playing with the tanks I've got going but required maintenance probably takes me 2 to 4 hours a week.

You are welcome to come take a look at my tank anytime you are up this direction. PNWMAS has monthly meetings at members home's to show off their setups and usually do a little how to demonstration. I hosted the September meeting. Most of the time the meetings are up this direction but sometimes we get down to the Salem area for a meeting. I believe all you have to do is send JManrow a PM if you want to be added to the evite list for information of when and where the monthly meetings are being held.

I do spend a good amount of time playing with the tanks I've got going but required maintenance probably takes me 2 to 4 hours a week.

Heck, I would make a visit to your setup the reason Im up that way! I have a really good " equiptment room" to expand in the future (Frag tank/super sump-refuge), Im a little packed in where the Bowfront/theater rack is but have a nice area on the other side of the room where I store my junk now. I really wish I had planned better before sheetrock and plumbed in some decent plumbing.

WOW! beautiful setup' date=' love the curved wall never seen one like it. Definetly sigh up to host a meeting!...Super Bowl would be a good day (laugh)[/quote']Yeah, I had some fun framing that wall and after sheetrock we were about 1/8" off of it fitting hence the frame on the front to hide my destruction to get it to fit. Im a little leary of my tank stand design but its held for 6 months so far. I basically just started adding critters a couple weeks ago, there was a damsel/shrimp/live rock for 5 months.

Work in progress, still havent built my subwoofers for the theater either.

Id be happy to host a meet whenever but the tanks pretty bare compared to most on these forums. The theater has something you wont find very often though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5H14dyEXE Its alot of fun

I have no idea where you are. I live in Beaverton and am pretty much lost unless in Beaverton or Portland. Sad but true. Thank god for navigation on cell phones
We're out in the sticks, If you go to the coast down 18 we are straight south of McMinnville, through Amity and another 5 minutes south and a little west. Or straight north of Dallas on Perrydale Rd. about 5 minutes past Hwy 22.

Basically the sticks with Deer, Elk, cougars, turkey, you name it, we got it.

We can be to Salem in 15 minutes, Beavertons about 45min - an hour depending where in Beaverton. I have made it to the Portland airport in 75 minutes before

That's not too bad. I mean it would require an off day, got wife and 8 month old, but it's do able. I really like how that tank is in and where it is. I think the theater is an awesome place for a tank.....just wondering about the base from the movies messing with the fish.

That's not too bad. I mean it would require an off day' date=' got wife and 8 month old, but it's do able. I really like how that tank is in and where it is. I think the theater is an awesome place for a tank.....just wondering about the base from the movies messing with the fish.[/quote']I think they enjoy watching movies! My Monties actually clap at the end. In all seriousness, Im not real sure, they had a heck of a ride during the Big XII Championship game tonight...........

I have always disliked bowfront tanks, but this has seriously changed my opinion of how cool you can actually make a bowfront!

Can't wait to see it all filled up!

I bought it with plans to do this somewhere at some point. I got lucky because of how the stairs ruin the theater and the "offset" 12' screen. Lets just say it happened to work in every possible aspect it could.

PC052935.jpg

Im really kicking myself for not putting more plumbing in walls and finishing the mechanical room off better but it does have a airhandling unit in there so how pretty can you be

PC052940.jpg

PC052941.jpg

I am still miles from being done as you can tell by the HomeTheater rack system, alot of automation goes into this yet and Im still tinkering with stuff in that regard. In the theater I am also going to incorperate some reef seating that is tied into beng a subwoofer fo my twin 18" subwoofer containment

so what are you going to add coral wise? I am thinking my Ducan's would look great in there.(whistle)
I invision my dream would be Upscales show tanks. Considering I just dumped over another $1.5 k changing from 200 watt MH to 400 watt and bought $600 of Scott in Albanys emergency evacuation, new sump and protien skimmer, Im sort of tapped for awhile. Now snap a couple off and glue them up and I would probably jump.........but I understand not wanting to frag something so healthy. I am possibly heading to Portland today to check out Kilca's "rig"

If not today certainly this week